Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm super new to zuk's, so new that I'm still shoppin for a sami. anyways I found an 88 JX hardtop, body and frame are solid, org paint, minor body work needed ( i mean minor). He's askin $2500, seems resonable to me, but i'm wondering if there are some common things to look out for when buying?

and also when you first take off there is a bad shutter coming from the back, but when you get up to speed it goes away. he's says a rear u-joint is gone but that dosn't sound like a u-joint symptom. any idea's?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Judder or bang>?

Hi,

I have an 1986 JX Hard Top - last week I replaced the union you refer to, it was $30 for the union and took 20 mins to fit.

However, although the union seems to be a common problem, it does not cause a judder, more of a bang, then clicking - this is due to excess play.

I know it's difficult to describe a judder on the net, but could you?

Or, dip the clutch when it's making the noise, does it still do it?

Cheers,

Pommy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
judder

well it's kinda like when your on the highway (freeway) and your tires need to be balenced, its the same kinda shaking, but the JX does it when you getting up to speed then goes away.

good new is i was just talking to the guy selling it and I told him my concern that it was more then the u-joint. he said he had a spare rear end he would throw in for nothin. and he would replace the u-joint, bercause he's convinced that's what it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ask if the clutch has been replaced because every sierra I know of either needs a new clutch or has had one, very common problem, and check for rust under the floor mats near the 4x4 gearstick, for some rason a common problem as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts