Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 87 samurai 2 days ago when it warms as you drive , as soon as you push in the clutch it try to stall.It has all new vacum line that are run right,new spark plugs and wires,new fuel filter, and new air cleaner.The carb was diry as hell on it, and has been cleaned.This car only has 73k on it.So could it be that the vacum line on the carb or the mainfold are clogged.So if you got any ideas let me know thank you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
mine was kinda doing that and it was the factory carb.I installed a weber and it has ran great ever since.I cleaned my factory carb many times and it didnt help so the money spent on a weber was well worth it.just an idea.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i was having the same problem...what i believe it is is that the choke setting is wrong because while cold the fast idle cam is keeping it going but once warmed up it goes way too far down...where the throttle cable attaches to the carb theres a little screw on a spring...tighten that a little bit and see if it helps your problem at all

·
Registered
278 Posts
OH YES!I did put a header and a 2" exhaust on as well but its got a lot more pep when you hit the gas and I was getting 22-23mpg with the factory carb but now with the weber im getting 26-27mpg.It runs like a top now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kj2837 All That Sound Great But , Are You Able To Get Over 6o Mph And When Your Sammy Was Acting Up Would It Only Rev Up To 4000 Tops Cause Mine Will Not Rev Up Very High In Gear.but When I Rev It Up Out Of Gear It Rev's Higher Than It Would In Gear Thanks For Your Replys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts