Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hours of tearing apart vents, blower fan and ducting we can not locate what is causing a VERY strong mildew/stagnant water smell. We have checked the evaporator drain and blew it out, there was no blockage. We have checked various places for a small decaying rodent and no luck.

Has anyone had a similar issue? The smell is worst when the Defrost is on and its wet/raining outside.

Our next step is to Order some BG A/C foam cleaner

Any thoughts........

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
My remedy for that has been Lysol disinfectant spray (not the air freshener) - find the recirculate air intake (usually behind the glove box), set the controls for recirculate, full cool, fan on high and liberally spray the disinfectant into the recirculate intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.............have done that a few times, its hit or miss and when it does work, comes back in a few days

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have noticed the same thing with my car. I only notice it during the warm humid months, or when its been raining a lot. I'm about to start digging into car to see if I can find the source my self. Just wondering if you guys have figured it out yet. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts