Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i purchased a tracker and fixing it up. the back up lights didnt work so i started at the light switch on the trans...i ohmed the plug after changing the switch and no juice. in doing some wire chasing i found the female 5 pin? connector to the wiring for the trans. but i am unable to find the male connecter. so where the heck is it? :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not run into this problem on the suzuki yet, I did however have the same issue with my jeep. Your best bet is that someone on here will chime in with the answer to your question. With my jeep it ended up being the A/C fuse, the NSS switch was piggy backed on that circuit and the fuse was blown. The steps i used to find that was to get a Haynes manual and study the wiring diagrams until i was able to trace the physical wire to the blown fuse

·
Super Moderator
23,672 Posts
You need to advise if you have the manual or auto tranny, and where, exactly this pin is that you found and the color of the wiring running to it. My FSM doesn't indicate a 5 pin connector, but a 4 or 6 cavity connector, among others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad for not specifying. It's a 5 speed manual 1996 1.6 16 valve. I'm not around the vehicle at this time to say wiring color but it's the wiring section the reverse light switch pig tail connects to

·
Super Moderator
23,672 Posts
The backup lamp switch is mounted on top of the transfer case if you are 4wd, and a red wire and yellow wire connect into the switch and then run to the connector which is a 6 pin connector at the right hand rear side of the engine. from there the wiring runs to the main harness behind the dash to the left of the steering column - a brown/red wire which then connects to the floor harness, running to the rear of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I worked on the tracker tonight and the connected coming from the transfer/transmission is a 6 pin female connector but only 4 pins are used. I can't find the matching male connector. The wires are red yellow orange and black. Do u know where about the male end is suppose to be

·
Super Moderator
23,672 Posts
Naturally, the male connector is supposed to be right there, where the female is...:)
The red and yellow wires are for the lights - yellow coming to the switch from the fuse box, red then running from the switch to the back up lights. I'm assuming that the connector that you have found is the one coming from the fuse box, with the yellow wire. This connector has battery voltage, yes?? So my best suggestion is to start from the rear lights, and work your way forward. Basically, the lights themselves connect to the floor harness at the left rear tail light, run through the rocker panel to connect to the main harness under the steering column, then connecto the engine harness also under the steering column, and then run to the tranny harness to connect to the connector that you have found. So, perhaps start at the splice just behind the left tail light, which contains the wiring for both lamps (it will be a red wire) and work your way forward. Or, perhaps more easily, just run new wires to the connector that you have found..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guess I have some wire chasing to do lol. Well thank u for all the help. Now I have somewhere I can start atleast. Ill update as I figure out/get more confused :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts