Suzuki Forums banner

Back passageners

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cathyndean 
#1 ·
Hi , I’m new to this forum,and as lady with no man in her life I’m hoping someone can advise me please,I have an 06 five door automatic.and are having problems when carrying back passengers, (not exceptionally heavy ones, )but especially when sat behind me, is this still a suspension problem? As I have had work on the suspension done this year.

#4 ·
It surely depends on the weight of those people you are carrying. The noise could be the bump stops when you go over a speed bump, or the exhaust hitting the road on a raised section.
Your shock absorbers could be worn.
But bear in mind this is an 800kg car, and 2 passengers in the rear over 70kg will seriously weigh the car down and cause the issues you are having.
Get the car checked at a garage. You may have a broken coil spring.

#5 ·
It surely depends on the weight of those people you are carrying. The noise could be the bump stops when you go over a speed bump, or the exhaust hitting the road on a raised section.
Your shock absorbers could be worn.
But bear in mind this is an 800kg car, and 2 passengers in the rear over 70kg will seriously weigh the car down and cause the issues you are having.
Get the car checked at a garage. You may have a broken coil spring.
Thanks for answering me, you have kind of told me what I perhaps already knew, it was more the weight that realistically could be expected to carry in the back, i’ve had quite a lot of work done on her this year, coil ,spring, suspension and such like, but I’ll have to go through it and have a look, I think as you say they’re a small city run around, she’s 16 years old, get two adults a spare wheel and tools, then I think as you say we could seriously be over waited. I’ve never really had passengers in the back before, so it’s not a problem I’ve ever had. But I think a trip to the garage won’t do any harm. So thanks for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.