Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I go through all the trouble of ripping my stereo out of my new 2008 sx4, are there a pair of RCA inputs on the back? Or is it some funky din-style that requires an adaptor box for the AUX to work?

Also is the antennae lead a standard bannana-style (motorolla) plug design? Or am I going to need an adaptor to plug in my FM antennae wire direct interface (you plug the antennae lead and the XM output into it, and plug it into where the antennae lead would go on the back of the radio... works like a charm)?

Just trying to get my XM installed without resorting to their $400+ option. I get horrible signal quality on any station when I just use the XM's built-in transmitter function. Too many stations where I live to get a clean signal.

Seems like the DC jack is badly grounded too. Lots of noise.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
14 Posts

hope that helps
the bottom left is the aerial, then the wiring loom for the car, the bottom right 2 are the aux inputs (for ipod adapter)

incidently, the sound from my stereo has been cutting out recently, i know theres no blown fuse cause the stereo works, but theres no signal to the speakers... then it cuts in... then out, wont go wrong when i take it to the dealer though! just wondering if anyone else has had any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts