Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad had a Silverado that had a button for four-wheel drive and he told me that every now and then the four-wheel drive would kick in because the wires in the truck sent signals to the computer in the truck telling the truck that FWD was needed and he did not even press the button to begin with. I am concerned not when the roads and weather are ideal with the AWd coming on, I am more concerned when I am driving in the messy stuff (deep snow and slush and ice) that when I need the AWD the most I will be stuck in FWD mode. Is there a chance of that ever happening in the Kizashi?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chances are high that you would see the slushy stuff before you start driving and you would be in AWD mode. I don't know the details as I have an AWD Kizashi, rather have a FWD, but I have a 4x4 true 4WD SUV (XL-7) and that's how it works for me. I've never encountered slushy stuff off a dry road so quickly I have not been able to switch on the fly to 4WD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anything is possible but I would say no

From my understanding of this feature, with AWD on, first you have the light on the display, second you have the ESP that should sense if a wheel is slipping. These both work in cojunction depending what you have turned on. I think it would be very unlikely that you could turn on the AWD and get a light on the dashboard indicating that it is on and when it's really not and the computer notice slipping at the rear wheels and not signal that their is a problem. To make is simple some warning light should come on if that did happen.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I will go on a whim here and say you will NEVER have a problem with the AWD system in the Kizashi. There is nothing to it really - it's basically the same as an SX-4 set up (even though Suzuki would like you to think differently). Either way it relies on minimal sensors and the engagement is electronic in the rear diff. I've never seen an SX-4 system fail, EVER. The axle seals always leak, however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts