Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys... this is to share my new discovery... it took me almost a month to study and test...

topic :
RE-ACTIVATION OF RADIATOR TEMPERATURE SWITCH TO ORIGINAL SETUP AND IN ADDITION, THE INSTALLATION OF A BACKUP AUXILIARY SWITCH TO TRIGGER THE RADIATOR FAN IF YOU WANT THAT THE FAN WILL BE RUNNING FIRST BEFORE THE THERMOSTAT TRIGGER IT, OR HAVE THE THERMOSTAT AUTOMATICALLY CONTROL THE FAN WHEN THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE IS REACHED (original japan setup)...

.... NOTE : Multicab rebuilders do not activate anymore the radiator thermostat to control the radiator fan and have it shorted so that the fan always run when the ignition switch is set to ON. I discovered that the temperature switch also control the carburetor from the Carburetor Control Box. It could be surmised that the engine performance and fuel efficiency will be affected if the engine runs on a very low temperature. .... the system works perfect.... IN AUTO MODE, THE FAN WILL NOT RUN DURING ENGINE START. THE FAN IS TRIGGERED "ON" BY THE TEMP SWITCH WHEN THE TEMPERATURE REACH HALF ON THE GAGE... THE FAN COULD BE SET TO OFF/ON BY THE AUX. SWITCH IF YOU WANT (Manual mode)...

MATERIALS NEEDED IS COMMON AND NOT COST MUCH : #14 automotive wire , 3-way toggle switch (ON-OFF-ON) , and electrical tape

FOR THE DETAILS, my email is : "[email protected]"

ty to all...

·
Registered
43 Posts
redhawk,

This is great! I did notice the thermostat wires from the radiator has been cut.

O.T. - my timing is off, i think my F6A is set to maximum at advanced timing but don't want to touch it.

I think I need to visit you soon so we can go to your mechanic. Get my timing fixed and setup the aux fan like the original setting.

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k sir.

... will share to you the setup..

for the timing, just sked it... preferably saturdays..
ty

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sir Redhawk:
Got received your e-mail as asked. It's a very clear and detailed illustration really. Thanks Sir..

I have actually just bought a modified double cab from a zuki minivan for just less than a month. Have noticed that my cooling fan really turns on with the ignition switch. trying to follow the forums but as of now I have not yet seen where the radiator thermostat is located... Again TY

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yap... radiator thermostat is located below the radiator.... to access it, you have to remove the radiator.... its ok to remove so that you can make the connections.... be sure the original brown socket for the thermostat is still there... otherwise, produce it...

just follow the wiring diagram...

ty

·
Registered
52 Posts
yap... radiator thermostat is located below the radiator.... to access it, you have to remove the radiator.... its ok to remove so that you can make the connections.... be sure the original brown socket for the thermostat is still there... otherwise, produce it...

just follow the wiring diagram...

ty
I have removed once the bumper to have the full view of the radiator but I have not seen the thermostat or may be I do not know where it is. Can't it be seen until you removed the radiator in place sir? From the pix (e-mail to you the pix- i don't know how to post it here - he he he) by sir newsavedone, where it would be located? Thanks in Advance Sir...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
copy sent today 4:35pm to your email sir.... ty

(Im mostly on-line on this forum around 10:00 every night)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi MISTAH.... got your PM..... copy of the details already sent to your email 07June 2013 1145PM

thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sir some of the radiator dont have temp switch with it. It comes only with a drain plug on the bottom, all you have to do is to buy a temp switch and mount it between the radiator and the engine probably in the bottom hose that thru it. It needs some machining and welding for the temp switch adaptor and hose clips for mounting it. I will post the mounting picture for those radiator type that dont have temp switch together in it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its nice sir... but i think it is simpler and economical to have the thermoswitch mounted to the radiator (if the radiator has no original temp switch) in order that the radiator could be cleaned at the same time and that it is almost the same as the original mount...the cost of materials and machining for the modification is maybe higher than if mounted directly to the radiator (only holing and soldering a nut that will fit to the thermostat.. (it is better to have an original thermoswitch)...otherwise, buy a surplus multicab radiator with a temp switch on it....

ty

·
Registered
56 Posts
its nice sir... but i think it is simpler and economical to have the thermoswitch mounted to the radiator (if the radiator has no original temp switch) in order that the radiator could be cleaned at the same time and that it is almost the same as the original mount...the cost of materials and machining for the modification is maybe higher than if mounted directly to the radiator (only holing and soldering a nut that will fit to the thermostat.. (it is better to have an original thermoswitch)...otherwise, buy a surplus multicab radiator with a temp switch on it....

ty
What i have in my ride is plastic material in the bottom of the radiator. It has a drain plug but no provision for temp switch. Its so nicer to mount it like the original but i prefer not to disturb the plastic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Redhawk, thank you. My aux fan is now configured as designed plus an override switch you have suggested...our engines were indeed designed to trigger the aux fan at half temp...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good info sir....same as mine.... at least we have now a dual mode for protection...

thanks for trying it....

·
Registered
43 Posts
This serves me 3 purposes...1 - automatic mode, which improves engine performance as designed by the manufacturer, 2 - override as you mentioned where the thermostat may fail, and 3- to completely shut it down whenever I encounter water crossing heading to my farm or metro floods.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts