Suzuki Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the air intake on my '04 Forenza to diagnose some issues, when I found that the tabs around the bottom that connect via the rubber gasket to the throttle body were mostly broken. When I google the part number, I get this, but I cant seem to find any source in, like, North America. I suspect the independent mechanic I took it to last was the culprit. But taking it to the dealer here is a complete waste of time and money.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. the part might not be sold separate. im not exactly sure what part your looking for but you could try suzukicarparts.com they can get, i think, every part for the reno/forenza. the connection pieces for the intake have been a problem for some people

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi. the part might not be sold separate. im not exactly sure what part your looking for but you could try suzukicarparts.com they can get, i think, every part for the reno/forenza. the connection pieces for the intake have been a problem for some people
It's a huge problem, if the intake isn't sealed to the throttle body, all kinds of gunk can get into the cylinders. Which is why it seems I should be able to buy a replacement part from somewhere closer than the UK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you can. Either from the site I posted or from a dealer if it's a dealer only item.
It must be a dealer only part, since that site doesn't find it by either name or part number. Which I suspect means I'll get treated to a 300% markup.

I don't understand why it's so hard to find parts for a crappy mass market car. I have an obscure Porsche that isn't even made anymore that's easier to get parts for. And cheaper!

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts
Does the unit house any sensors like inlet air temp or?

IF not, and the function of the resonator is simply to reduce inlet noise, maybe you could "blank off" this broken area OR eliminate the resonator in it's entirety with an appropriately sized hose section? :huh:

It's hard for us to picture what exactly what is broken though, without more detail. :(

That or pick up a used junk yard resonator.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the unit house any sensors like inlet air temp or?

IF not, and the function of the resonator is simply to reduce inlet noise, maybe you could "blank off" this broken area OR eliminate the resonator in it's entirety with an appropriately sized hose section? :huh:

That or pick up a used junk yard resonator.

It's hard for us to picture what exactly what is broken though, without more detail. :(
There's a temp sensor in the hose leading from the air cleaner box to it, and another breather hose connecting to the valve cover.

The part that's broken is a series of tabs that slip inside a rubber gasket that then connects to the throttle body, so the resonator is not sealed all the way around the top of the throttle body.

I don't want to do anything like some of the PVC "cold air intake" hack jobs I've seen on this site. I'm trying to keep the car stock in case I have to sell it. I don't want it looking like I was trying to rice it out or some bullshit.

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts
So piece #13 isn't what you are needing? :huh:

Is it pictured at all in the diagram that I provided?

How about #9? Although a "resonator" by title for an '04 Forenza, it looks nothing like the item that you linked.

[ 9 ] ENGINE / ENGINE / TRANSAXLE / AIR INTAKE / Resonator
resonator 2003-07

$46.85

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Well, the part number is 96553488. I believe the word "resonator" is a bad translation in the link I posted (though it says something like "resonator a auxilaris" on the bottom of the part). In that #12 box it's the part that doesn't have an individual number.

It appears they sell it as part of a complete assembly, so if I can't find the part individually, I'll just have to replace everything.

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts
Well then...could you simply tell us (from this '04 Forenza diagram, by corresponding item number), the part that you seek? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well then...could you simply tell us (from this '04 Forenza diagram, by corresponding item number), the part that you seek? :rolleyes:

No, I could not tell you, because it does not appear in that diagram. It appears in the diagram that I posted, and I SAID it does not have an item number. I apparently have to buy the entire assembly.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
ok Flint calm down, i understand your frustration. Max the part hes looking for isnt in your diagram. what hes looking for is the bottom piece of the hockenheim intake box above part #22 in his diagram or after #8 in your diagram. its not numbered which probably mean its dealer only. you might be able to replace the part with something similar maybe a piece of silicon tube let me have a look at it, i have a part at my parents house ill be there tomorrow. ill post tomorrow with what i can come up with.

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At this point I've found the info I need. I don't need the frustration of messing around with this any more, nor of people being deliberately obtuse. I'm done here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.