·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a Every with a auto trans
it seems like it needs another gear
it shifts 3 times
but at 80KM it is hitting 4500 rpms
is this normal or should it be shifting to a 4th gear??
Please help

·
Registered
553 Posts
Automatic

1.Geetings!

2. Look at your shift handle.

3 it will show P, N, D, D1, D2? OR L

4. Scrums got THREE gears, not 4.:D
PS I got an Automatic also, please keep in touch so ,we can work on our problems as most mechenics here dont know a thing about them. 80 KPH! U got balls to go that fast in PI

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

Yea it is jsut 3 speed
some transmissions have 4 but they dont list the 4 on the display as they dont want you to just losk it in 4th as you will smoke the clutches trying to take off in 4th
my one only showes 1 2 and D
I am going to put larger tires as i need to travel on the freeway alot
possibly switching from 155 70 13 to a 185 70 13
Cheers B

·
Registered
553 Posts
Freeway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings! Wher do you live you got freeway? Our "free way" is about 3KM long! AND its now got 3 wheel bycycles on it!
Roger in Cebu:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think its the same as mine, only 3 transmission... with d, d2 and L... my question is, does the turbo affects fuel consumption? after i bought this van, it has a turbo being activated everytime it shifts gear, but now i dont feel its working anymore.... how can i disable this? does it have affect on my engines performance?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Automatic Transmission

:D Greetings, normal operation for automatic is to put it in D and drive normally, it shifts as needed by it's self. You only down shift for snow and mud, and to slow on a hill to save brakes.
The turbo is a combination thing. It supplies pressurized air to the engine intake, and cools the transmission fluid. You cant disable it and get the thing to run properly. It saves fuel and prolongs the life of the transmission fluid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you mean its abnormal operation for the turbo not to be activated anymore? when i bought this every, it goes fast every time it shifts gear like a nitrous injected, then goes down to normal gear position operation after a while...but now i dont feel or see it anymore... do i have to repair it?

·
Registered
553 Posts
:D Greetings! Open the engine hatch and check the transmission fluid level while running. It should be between the two dots on the stick, fluid is to be changed every 30000 KM. It should be red color. Low fluid level causes poor shifting. Or you can go to a transmission shop and let them check it for you, you cant change the fluid without a lift, and proper sealent so go to the shop and let them do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the info bro.... anyway, where can i find this transmision fluid stick? how much will it cost to replace new transmision fluid? i realy appreciate does things sir,,,, i think your from cebu... im i ryt?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings:D, Open the engion acess cover in the rear cargo area.
Look at the eleven o'clock position.
Its there!!!!!!!!
Check it with the engion running, it should be betwen the two dots, and be a red color. If its a dark red, or black, get it changed. It cost about a tenth of what a rebuild cost to change the fluid at 30000 KM intervals as changing the whoel unity.
RUPINOY?

·
Registered
553 Posts
stick

:D greetings! Open the hatch and look at the upper left corner, its about 8 inches up under the floor. Looks like the oil stick.
I got mine changed at the Shell station near the new bridge on Mactan Island, and the timing belt replaced for around P 2500. if you do the belt, they are not all the same. The one that was in mine was made in Thailand, so I guess the Suzuky get parts from all over.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Transmission fluid change

Greetings! Yes I am in Cebu, just had my TF changed, at Shell station on Mactan near new bridge, they did OK, Good service department there, just get there at 8 Am cause they fill up fast. Under engine hatch forward left and side, under floor. Looks like a oil stick.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
not trying to high jack this tread would be great if anyone can help me out. my auto from time to time want to start off in drive?? i have to put it in 1st and shift it thru the gears to get it up to speed??its a 3 speed tranny and it seem to be doing this more and more as time goes on...thanks for the help
i have a 92 metro 3 cyl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day to all....
I have a suzuki jimny ja11 model with automatic transmission... my problem is it seems that the clutch is slipping because when i try to take off from a halt it would just rev up the engine, and i noticed that the engine rpm is constantly high...
I tried replacing the ATF but to sad to say nothing happened. I suspect a burnt clutch.. Can someone tell me where can i find a replacement clutch... Im here in the philippines and Manila is just a stonesthrow away from my place... so if anyone has a suggestion on where i can find a clutch... i would very much appreciate it..
TIA

·
Registered
553 Posts
Clutch????????????

Greetings! automatics dont have a clutch you can manuplate such as going from netural to drive and burning rubber. It will eventually distroy the thing.

How many pedels are on the floor in your vehicle? Brake, and gas, or clutch, brake, gas????
Good luck :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Clutch?

Greetings! Automatics have what are called bands that serve as the clutch. If you have been reeving the engine and going from neutral to drive in order to take off fast (why?), you have probably burned or loosened one or more. They must be adjusted or replaced. The problem is WHERE in the Philippines an automatic transmission mechanic would be located is a great mystery as I don't think more than a few thousand auto's are here. It is more likely that you can find a complete transmission and change that. Any mechanic should be able to do that. Quicker, and cheaper than a rebuild.

ALSO the normal way to drive an automatic is to put your foot on the brake, and shift to drive, or reverse, and when you take your foot off the brake, push the gas in a steady fashion until you get to the speed you want. Only down shift to slow the vehicle to save brakes on long down hill or in slow traffic. All other times, the transmission does all the shifting AUTOMATICALY! Good luck. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice.... I took my jimny to a service mechanic and they found out that the problem with my jimny is not the automatic transmission... the problem is caused by a busted transmission controller... some capacitors are dead, which in return got the computer stacked the transmission in third gear. I just hope the service guy will get lucky in repairing the A/T controller.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Every Van Automatic transmission problem

Hi Newsavedone. Please help me.... I badly need service manual. Can I have a copy of service manual, i need only the wiring schematic and a/t part of the service manual.
I have a reverse problem on the a/t. I have to wait for seconds or minutes for the reverse shift to fully engage.
Hope you'll help me. I can drop by at your convenient place because I am also from Cebu.

Thanks...

Erwin

1 - 20 of 44 Posts