Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the light sensor placed on the passengr's front side, is able to control differently the headlights and internal dash illumination panel under some circumstances.

In low light dusk environments, the headlights can be turned on automatically but as the ambient light could still be enough, the instruments dash panel illumination can be fully lighten as day and not waiting to get darker illuminatted as should expect.

in dusks or heavy clouded moments, noticed when passing down short bridges with auto-lights activated already, the dash instr. panel illumination becomes darker like in night-time, and after half or 1 second getting out in the sky view then the panel illum. turns out like day-light fully .
All these times headlights are on as probably the setting for the headlights is more sensitive to turn on easily (for safaty reasons obviously) but the internal instr. panel light can work a litlle different until it gets sufficient dark.

This of course for some time as when getting enough dark the internal illum will be activated as the nights vision.

Has this been observed by anyone?

Also is there a way to adjust the sensor's setting not to be activated even passing down bridges?
Sometimes is silly working like this.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Also is there a way to adjust the sensor's setting not to be activated even passing down bridges?
Sometimes is silly working like this.

Thanks
simple answer, no. The light levels are hard coded into the ECM, This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes I've noticed it

Yes I've complained

Autocar's Long Term test car had the same problem

No, it can't be adjusted....
Don't you just love modern tech in cars.....not.:eek::mad:

I have this monstrous thing on the screen that takes up a lot of screen view which I have to switch off every time or it will annoy me when I overtake.:lol::lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts