Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

The AWD "Auto" light was starting to flash on and off on the dash, intermittently, no matter where I put the switch. Meaning I will be driving and it will flicker on, then be off for awhile. But then it started getting more regular, and now it is constantly on all the time, no matter where I have the button position.

This seems different than the constantly flashing code.

It seems as thought the switch itself is failing. But I took it out, and apart and inspected it, and can't find anything wrong. I now have the switch disconnected completely, which has disabled the AUTO light, and I assume the AWD function.

For what other reason would the AUTO light be constantly on? What should I check next?

If it is still likely the switch, any good ideas on where to get one?

BTW, the vehicle has about 120,250 on it, if that helps.

Thanks for your insights.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I'm not familiar with the SX4, but this is what my workshop manual shows for the switch. I'm sure the SX4 owners can probably assist better, but it's a start.

·
Registered
838 Posts
MOst probably there is something (hardware, components) gone haywire. Confirm the ABS alert light is not showing....cause a failure in any of the wheel sensors would fail the ABS...and the rest. YOu did not mention the model of the car...."tech" models(the higher category..known as JLX in Canada) have ESP and traction control too and those would probably disable if a wheel sensor is dead. So...look for and report EVERythinG.
It could deal strictly with the AWD.....like some wire to the AWD clutch that would be disconnected....
All of that would be confirmed with the KIA scanner...but those alert codes are generally not available with a general purpose scanner you can buy....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Thanks everyone for the tips so far. I will do more research and inspections and post what I learn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts