Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. we all know that a jimny has limited space. not like the cavernous space of a cruiser. For us jimny owners who have audio set ups on our zooks please post the pics of your zooks with the audio layout. cause in my audio layout only 2 people can fit in the zook. one driver and one passenger. and i cant recline my seats :(
i want to see your audio lay out guys cause i want to revise mine so more people would fit. i'd post my pics soon....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hey guys. we all know that a jimny has limited space. not like the cavernous space of a cruiser. For us jimny owners who have audio set ups on our zooks please post the pics of your zooks with the audio layout. cause in my audio layout only 2 people can fit in the zook. one driver and one passenger. and i cant recline my seats :(
i want to see your audio lay out guys cause i want to revise mine so more people would fit. i'd post my pics soon....
I will look for old pix, but imagine if you will...

2x10" subs in a sub box built behind the back seat
4x4.25" mid ranges in the rear side walls (2 per side)
2x5" mid bases in the rear side walls (1 per side)
2 tweets in the rear side walls (1 per side)
2 tweets in the doors (1 per side)
2 tweets in the air conditioning vents (1 per side)
2 6.25" 3 way's in the stock front kick panels
3 amps in the sub box in back
6 disk changer on passenger side of tranny tunnel w/ cover
Kenwood head unit that covered itself when turned off

With the exception of the head unit, almost everything was hidden (accustic carpeting). The tweets in the air ducts could be seen if you knew what to look for. This was the reason I Added my 2nd battery under the hood.

Unfortunately, I started wheeling the rig hard about 10 years ago and all of the equipment was trashed, drowned or removed and replaced with more hard core wheeling essentials like air compressors, air tank, lines, etc...

But it is possible even with a full back seat. That was 16 speakers plus amps. people hated me at the stop lights...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I 'm using a Creative Zen (2 GB) Mp3 player hooked up to 2 active speakers and 1 active sub woofer.

- 2 x Active Speakers affixed under the roof right behind the windshield
- 1 x Active Sub Woofer under the Front Passenger Seat
- On/Off Switch for the speakers affixed on the Dashboard

The sound is "ok", I mean you can't compare it with any top of the shelf setup. But at least I can still enjoy the tunes driving with the windows down both on and off the road and carry whatever full load or 4 passengers as I need in the back. Power consumption wise is not that heavy a load so I'm still running off a 40AMP Alternator with 45Ah Maintenance Free Battery.

Cost wise is pretty economic I'd say.

2x Active Speakers = USD 30 x 2 = USD 60
1x Active Sub-Woofer = USD 180
Audio Cables, 3-way Audio Jack Adaptor and a On/Off Switch from any electronics shop at around USD 15
Creative MP3 Player (Bought it 2 years ago when first released) = USD 60

All in, USD 375.00 (Compared to USD 1,000 for a Basic Boom Box Setup with Head Unit in most audio shops around here in Jakarta)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wow bill john thats quite a system you got there. i'd like to see the rest. i'm running a sound magus mono amp with a 12" hifonics brutus sub. and 2 6" coax at the front and the 6x9 at the back. i'll post my pics soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Follow up to "Audio System Layout"

Under the Hood Layout

Hi All,

Due to limited space in our beloved Jimny. Wonder if anyone would like to share about their "how to" in terms of saving space.

Here's what I did to mine. I believe we all carry some form of tools around irregardless for daily use or having some quality time off road. I find it a hassle having to go back and forth between the engine compartment and the back door just to grab a tool or two to do some tweaking and/or emergency works. Not to mention the limited space (especially if you have it filled with audio equipment)

Well, I guess the photos would kinda explains itself. Note, I had to throw out the stock Air Intake Filter and had it replaced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice set up.....but my engine bay is already to cramped as is.....i see that you placed some material over you battery. To prevent a short?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
acbk8888 i saw in your new avatar....nice rims man.....i like them....as in really like them.....can you post a bigger pic of them here....thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool dude. what size is the tire and what size is the rims?
you have wheel spacers on right? how thick is the spacer? oh and does the tire protrude slightly from the fender flare? if so that would be cool.
sorry for the many questions. its just that my tires are already semi worn out. and i'd be changing tires soon. maybe i'll change set up from M/T to A/T
oh and how much did that cost?
thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tires and Rims

Hi spo3nazgul, here's the answer to your questions;

Tires are Bridgestone Dueler AT 30 x 9.5 (USD 90 each, bought them about 1.5 years ago)

Rims are size 15 ring x 8" wide, don't know what brand/make it is. Bought it in used condition and there was no markings on them. Might be made locally in Indonesia. (Bought them at the same time as the tires, USD 260 for set of 5 pieces)

Spacers are 4cm thick, bought them in used condition too, USD 60 for set of 4 (Custom Made Locally as well)

About the tires protruding, I didn't want them sticking out too much, too much splash and too lazy to wash the car all the time...hehe.

Had them fender flare custom made (steel plates) when I had the paint job done 2 months ago.

Well, I had some photos taken today, so have a look and good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts