Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to share a bit of info regarding my '07 GV 2.0 AT (actually an Escudo as it's a Jap import).

Bought it from a car dealer/importer around 3 months ago, and 1 month into owning it I was noticing a shudder/shaking as if the car was on rumble strips. I was hoping it was because of a dirty MAF sensor, clogged injectors, or bad spark plugs as those would be easy enough to do on my own. But I noticed it only really happens between 50-60kmh when the torque converter releases from lock up to gain more revs. Long story short, took it to a transmission shop and they diagnosed that the torque converter needs rebuilding (my ATF was quite clean, so it wasn't because of old, burnt ATF).

Thankfully the dealer paid for everything (including an earlier issue with the transfer case input shaft seal leaking) even though I didn't buy any warranties. Just got the car back and it's now free of any shudder/shaking.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Hi, just wanted to share a bit of info regarding my '07 GV 2.0 AT (actually an Escudo as it's a Jap import).

Bought it from a car dealer/importer around 3 months ago, and 1 month into owning it I was noticing a shudder/shaking as if the car was on rumble strips. I was hoping it was because of a dirty MAF sensor, clogged injectors, or bad spark plugs as those would be easy enough to do on my own. But I noticed it only really happens between 50-60kmh when the torque converter releases from lock up to gain more revs. Long story short, took it to a transmission shop and they diagnosed that the torque converter needs rebuilding (my ATF was quite clean, so it wasn't because of old, burnt ATF).

Thankfully the dealer paid for everything (including an earlier issue with the transfer case input shaft seal leaking) even though I didn't buy any warranties. Just got the car back and it's now free of any shudder/shaking.
aren't you glad of the consumer guarantees act and a dealer that realises his obligations

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aren't you glad of the consumer guarantees act and a dealer that realises his obligations
Indeed. Was also told by the mechanic that that kind of dealer was rare.

I'm kinda worried though, as the car has only done 87000 km when the issue arose, which is really early for the torque converter clutch to wear down. I hope there's nothing really flawed in the design that causes this; the trans shop said there's nothing out of the ordinary except for said clutch lining (A/T looks to have been serviced properly, etc).

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Indeed. Was also told by the mechanic that that kind of dealer was rare.

I'm kinda worried though, as the car has only done 87000 km when the issue arose, which is really early for the torque converter clutch to wear down. I hope there's nothing really flawed in the design that causes this; the trans shop said there's nothing out of the ordinary except for said clutch lining (A/T looks to have been serviced properly, etc).
weird, they usually go 300,000 kms if serviced properly, towing in D instead of 3 maybe will certainly give the T/C lockup and o/d clutch hell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts