Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 SX4 hatchback, AWD, 5MT, with a completely missing exhaust.

I can get a parts car for cheap, but it’s a 2011 sedan, FWD, automatic. Will any part of that exhaust system help me out? I’ve noticed on eBay, that the 2007-2009 Exhaust parts don’t seem to be comparable with 2010-2013s.

(I did search the SX4 forums and came up with 21 hits -none of which answered my question).

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
pretty much no...but you can cut parts out and weld them in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
We do not clearly know where you live, and we do not know clearly the type of engine you have. Many think their SX4 is the same everywhere.No! It can be a sedan or a hatchback, there are different trims with different options , year model, there are Taiwan, Hong-Kong , Indian Maruti variations, even Canadian Japan built versions use Taiwan headlight circuit(using relays) ; Europe models were built in HUngary with the Fiat Sedici, LHD or RHD , 2WD or AWD, there are variations in engine type, 1.5, 1.6, Diesel 1,9, Diesel 2,0, J20A, J20B, some have daylight running lights, some have not, tail lights arrangement are different in Europe..power steering can be electric or hydraulic...conventional auto transmission or CVT, etc, etc. SO…without precise details about the car and location, replies can be irrelevant.
The flag seems to tell you are in the USA....so probably using 2.0 engine. you must know J20A engine was used till 2009, and J20B, different and non interchangeble, from 2010 up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. My 2008 SX4 was built in Japan for the American Market. I live in NY State, USA. I have the J20A engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts