Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has an ARB bull bar on their Jimny and if so have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption with the bar fitted due to the extra weight? How about fornt tyre ware?

I'm tossing up whether to go steel (ARB) or alloy. The ARB ones look a lot better but I don't want it to affect the fuel consumption of the car.

thanks a lot

matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
lobie said:
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has an ARB bull bar on their Jimny and if so have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption with the bar fitted due to the extra weight? How about fornt tyre ware?

I'm tossing up whether to go steel (ARB) or alloy. The ARB ones look a lot better but I don't want it to affect the fuel consumption of the car.

thanks a lot

matt

Lobie,

I do have an ARB frond steel bumper on my 1999 model Jimny. It looks very nice and it is very very strong. There is absolutely no difference on gas consumption, taking in mind that I have attached a 9.000 Lbs Warn winch too. He total weight (ARB + Winch) is about 65 Kgm.
The problem will be with the frond suspension springs that you will have to change them with “stronger” ones, or add accessions on the stock springs. If not your car will lean down on the frond side due to extra weight.

I will try to post a photo of my car just to see how it will look like.
Just take in mind that these kind of metal bumpers and pullbars are out of law in most countries. In case of collision you may have problems with the authorities and insurance companies. There is clearly written on a label attached on the rear side of the bumper “FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY”. So take that in mind, depending on how strict the law is in your country.

Hope I helped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. Useful info. Your zook looks pretty wicked. As far as I'm aware steel bullbars are legal on Australian roads. Most 4x4s have them, expecially where I live, in a regional area.

Thanks mate, cheers.

matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I have a steel arb with a Warn 5000 winch on my 91 Sammy, its an awesome setup. I have not noticed any difference in fuel consumption.
Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just thought I should add that alloy bullbars = no rust, and they are lighter. I can lift mine easily with one hand, a steel one might not be so easy. I have an alloy one on mine, though it's a generic boring one and certianly not ARB, it does what I want and need it to. You can see it in the picture in my garage pic.

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1197

Hope the link works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts