Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone after one of these? It's stainless steel, and bolts on top of your strut mount (under the bonnet) so you can hang an ARB compressor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Gooldin,
Unfortunately your photo does NOT seem to come up - I have tried a couple of different browsers and no luck.
I purchased one of the ARB compressors kits and ended up having to take it back to get the more expensive version mounted in a plastic case as I couldn't find anywhere to fit the first one under the bonnet.
So a nice stainless steel bracket would be very interesting - even if only to save some space in the back of my GV3. That way could take the compressor out of the case and mount it under the bonnet.
Must say the ARB unit whilst expensive does work very well - very quick to bring tyres up from Off Road 20-24psi to highway 32-35 PSI
Cheers
Philip

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats because I didnt put a pic up! I dont have a pic, and ive now sold the GV and taken it off. But let me assure you its the way to go! It's awesome. It hangs off the drivers side strut mount, and the compressor then hangs down in that space between the strut mount and the engine.

Are you keen to buy it?

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
Two comments...

1) It'll be a lot easier for folks to get an idea of what you're asking if you post a picture - which could also be a link to an ARB image.

2) If you're trying to sell the bracket, this thread should be in the classifieds.

Having said that - the picture in my mind reading your first post was the compressor over the top of the strut mount which didn't seem possible, with your second post, it sounds like a really neat way to shoehorn a compressor under the hood.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the GV is sold, what did you upgrade to?
I'm in between at the moment. Ordered a new Ranger, waiting on delivery! She didnt go too far tho, it's now living 50km north of here at Noosa :D

Sorry for all the confusion, yes it's from a 2.7. Dont know about any other engine but I cant see it being a problem. Sorry I dont have any pictures of it fitted, I can take a pic of the bracket and compressor in my shed. The bracket bolts on to the drivers side, then comes out towards the engine, then the compressor hangs down off it in the gap between the engine and body. I have never had any problems with heat from the engine. I've had a hose permanently hooked up to the compressor and coming out to another bracket on the bullbar which made airing up very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts