Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there no APV van posts?

Posting because the beeping when the keys are in ignition and door is open is driving me mad. How do I disconnect it???? Please. TIA

·
Super Moderator
12,097 Posts
Why are there no APV van posts?
Probably because few people have them - the APV was not sold in all of the markets.

Posting because the beeping when the keys are in ignition and door is open is driving me mad. How do I disconnect it???? Please. TIA
You have a number of different ways to deal with this - starting with the obvious - either remove the key or close the door - the alarm is there for a reason, to alert you to the fact that you have opened the door, presumably to exit the vehicle and the key is still in the ignition.

You can also try turning the key to the accessory position, that usually stops the beeping.

If you really want to disconnect it, you can disconnect the driver's door switch, and tape the wire off - this will also disable the courtesy/dome light, the light on reminder, and can affect any security devices, auto door locks, etc..

Another approach is to open the steering column shroud, find the "key sense" wires on the ignition switch - usually a separate two pin plug - and unplug it, which will also impact the items listed above.

The last method is to stick your head under the dash and follow the beep until you locate the beeper and disconnect it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts