Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there was anywhere in Canada i could order parts or anything. i've been looking around on the net and i had no luck. is there anyone out there that knows. i know it would be a great help to us canadian samurai enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When building perches, tie them to the originals with lots of heat and don't apply alot of heat to the actual axle tube. It is paper thin and you can punch through it very easily.

Don't skimp on the steering solution, or the driveshaft spacers.

You can use brake line extensions from the junkyard if you can find another sammy and the lines that go from the body to the frame are still there under the hood.

Longer shocks are cheap if you take careful measurements at full droop and add an inch - and full stuff and subtract an inch. Take these measurements to your local parts store and raid the catalog...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When building perches, tie them to the originals with lots of heat and don't apply alot of heat to the actual axle tube. It is paper thin and you can punch through it very easily.[/QUOTE
what do you meen by that? and its for off road use only rite now. but can i maybe make a steering solution my self?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When building perches, tie them to the originals with lots of heat and don't apply alot of heat to the actual axle tube. It is paper thin and you can punch through it very easily.[/QUOTE
what do you meen by that? and its for off road use only rite now. but can i maybe make a steering solution my self?

As far as you building a steering solution...
I do not know your capabilities or experience. I don't want to insult anyone. If you are a good welder, and have design experience with a bit of mechanical engineering thrown in then go for it. If you have any doubts on what you can build, then don't. Just remember if something goes wrong and someone else is on the trail with you it could be a life changing experience. Nuff said.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it possible i could make a bracket like the one in my picture. and use my stock arm? i've also herd that i can use something from a mercedies.. is that true?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts