Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
its a cone with a fan built in it???? maybe they do have a dyno chart - to my guess it might work ..
And how about the turbonator does it work??

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Its a gimick. It may work, but it will have to go on to our very restrictive intake system so I highly doubt it would be worth the money if it was not a gimick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, so I understand why these so called miracle products are being marketed like the Tornado, the E-ram, The resistor "super chips"...because there are tons of people that are not at all or at least under-educated as far as how to unleash potential power of a factory engine. Especially since the Fast and Furious movies now everyone is a "TUNER", but if anyone has even picked up any type of tuner mag or talked to anyone who has a "hooked up" car they would know that these are just gimmicks trying to suck money out of your pocket not air into your engine. Sorry just frustrated and needed to rant.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
itzme said:
but if anyone has even picked up any type of tuner mag or talked to anyone who has a "hooked up" car they would know that these are just gimmicks trying to suck money out of your pocket not air into your engine. Sorry just frustrated and needed to rant.
I've seen some products in well known tuner mags too! In the classfieds section but still it makes it look like they support the product!

Not to mention some of the the celebertys that support some of these items

·
Registered
21 Posts
I decided to have a look around their site, and they do show a "dyno graph..." but I think it was from a 2nd grade art class. They say they got 220hp out of a b16a2 block with their "electric supercharger." As has been previously stated in this thread, this is yet another gimmick in the automotive field to trick inexperienced tuners into shelling out cash for "horsepower gains," only to find that their newly acquired "performance part" doesn't really do anything but make a bunch of noise. I couldn't help but to let out a good laugh when I read this off of their install info page: "Will this void my warranty?

No, not if the supercharger is uninstalled before scheduled maintenance. Engine wear is not increased, so detection is not possible even with the most advanced diagnostic equipment. Traditional superchargers will always void warranties."

·
Registered
40 Posts
kinky, I wasn't saying that they are not advertised in tuner mags, but anyone who has gain even the littlest amount of knowledge (knowledge possibly obtained form such mags) about tuner cars would know that the types of products are humorous at best!

·
Registered
338 Posts
yea, I looked at it, and was like... this is BS, even though it was in a tuner mag. it just seems like it would be in the way of airflow.. and even if it did create any boost, it wouldnt be enough to notice a difference.. and whats up with their racecar thats equiped with it.. I can just imagine the looks he got on the track. "you have a what?" lmao..

·
Registered
153 Posts
guys just to let know know the turbonator actually works in the sense of gas economy (highway driving ) but regarding the HP gain I havent quite felt anything...... cause I actully got one and yeah I found that I saved a little on gas not much but theres still a small difference

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
ralph_4t4 said:
guys just to let know know the turbonator actually works in the sense of gas economy (highway driving ) but regarding the HP gain I havent quite felt anything...... cause I actully got one and yeah I found that I saved a little on gas not much but theres still a small difference
Impossible. Whats the idea behind it? it creates a vortex causing more air to enter the engine? That air is just stopped by the butterfly...and if thats wide open there are tons of other things getting in the way. Even if that thing really creates a vortex is just gets disturbed anyways

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
ralph_4t4 said:
How are you testing the gas milage? But I still doubt this thing really works as it adds to what ever restriction there is already is in the intake system. And it is been proven with our cars that replacing our OEM intake with an aftermarket one we get better gas milage.

·
Registered
153 Posts
belive me or not.... like I said I got one cause I was curious and and yeah it made a difference not a lot but still noticable.... I installed it in my custome CAI and I gues the Air mixes the GAS quite nicely

·
Registered
132 Posts
How is everyone's gas mileage, anyway, out of curiosity? That is, if you know.

I drive down to my hometown every now and then, and going 70mph and intermittently up to 90mph, the car expends a quarter tank of gas on a 137-mile trip. Highway, of course. I can't really compare my city mileage to anything else because of the countless number of times of stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
untainted said:
How is everyone's gas mileage, anyway, out of curiosity? That is, if you know.
mine is bad now...... with the turbo and 7psi doing "spirited" driving I get around 16.5 L/100km or 14.2 MPG LOL.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
ralph_4t4 said:
It may create a vortex in the intake, but once it hits a disterbance, like a resonator, the butterfly valve not fully open, the intake manifold, the vortex goes bye bye, and turbulant air comes into play
I installed it in my custome CAI and I gues the Air mixes the GAS quite nicely
Did you do both about the same time? You might be seeing the effects of the intake. Exspecaly if you didn't reset the ecu. It takes a week or so to realy learn the car

1 - 20 of 34 Posts