Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
without one you are very limited to were you can go i dont think people understand how hard it is to live in the sunshine state lol parascope would be a very good idea seeing as that were i go mudding is also used for airboats

·
Registered
201 Posts
honestly i have never looked into them, well because i honestly never plan on getting into water that deep. but i alsoo dont live where it is that prevelent either.

just from memory, it seems like it would be easy to fab one up. look at your airbox, and then look at the space at the corner of the hood near the windshield - the slats in the hood.

it just seems that you should be able to make one up with some muffler pipe and some rubber gaskets. cut em up....i dont know how to explain, but seems like it wouldnt be that hard. but i would avoid your easy way out....PVC pipe, it looks easy and ...it is easy, but it still looks like it could fail with high engine bay temps (my thoughts )

good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't forget that a snorkel is only part of the equation. If you plan on submerging you're vehicle, you also need to do some water "proofing" under the hood. All of the spark plug wires need to be sealed at the plugs and at the cap. The distributor cap needs to be sealed to the distributor; remember to vent the cap though. All of electrical boxes and connections need to be sealed. Seal the motor oil dipstick and filler cap. All of the breather tubes for the diff's, tranny and transfercase need to be lenghten to the high point; preferbly to under the hood, or even higher, like along the snorkel. Besure to retain the two way checks and also maybe use some little filters (for the before mentioned breathers). Water and engine/tranny/TC/diff oil does NOT mix. After an outing or two in deep water/mud, all fluids should be drained. Not doing so will play havoc on all of your bearings and wear surfaces. (Don't ask how I know this)
Also, mechanical fans don't like deep water. Either dissconnect the fan belt from the fan prior to deep water crossings or replace the whole thing with an electric fan that you control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts