Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, I've got a nephew that has an 88 1/2 Samurai and he's doing it up so he can drive it when he turns 16. When I was in Japan in the Navy I saw the Jimny's over there with the hood scoops on them and often wondered if the hood would fit a Samurai.

Anyone have any experience with this or know the dimensions of the two? If they're reasonably close, I could probably do some mild fabrication to make it fit, but it would be ideal if they were an exact match.

Thanks for any help. If you don't have the information at hand, is there any way I could get someone that owns one to post the measurements? Hopefully I can get the measurements from one of each.....

Thanks again.
Darrin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so does anyone that owns a Jimny have a tape measure and could possibly post the length and width of their hood please?

I can get my nephew to measure his, but I could really do with a Jimny to compare to.

Please? :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, mate. Now I can begin looking in earnest for a Jimny hood with the little scoop on it. I'm pretty sure my nephew has converted over to a K&N flat filter, so the bulge problem won't be so much of an issue (I think).

Anyways, thanks again for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts