Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought a piller and a gauge i went with the air to fuel ratio one its a compatation one it can be hook up to 1 to 4 wire oxygen sensors i know we have four wire i think does anyone know how to hook these up the ones that go to the sensor are green black and red and the other two wires are to the power sorce which i ran to the fuse box. i did have a one wire gauge b4 that was on it it was green but i thought it read incorectly

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i have bought a piller and a gauge i went with the air to fuel ratio one its a compatation one it can be hook up to 1 to 4 wire oxygen sensors i know we have four wire i think does anyone know how to hook these up the ones that go to the sensor are green black and red and the other two wires are to the power sorce which i ran to the fuse box. i did have a one wire gauge b4 that was on it it was green but i thought it read incorectly
get a wideband o2 sensor. its more accurate

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok what wide band should i go for a universail i was looking into that but i really dident wanna risk it then cause of my factory warrenty i dident wanna void it but should i go for a universail one or is there specific one i should get.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
ok what wide band should i go for a universail i was looking into that but i really dident wanna risk it then cause of my factory warrenty i dident wanna void it but should i go for a universail one or is there specific one i should get.
Innovative is by far the best....hell I haven't even heard of anyone using a wideband by any other brand. I can get one for you if you want, but I won't know pricing untill early next week. It should be the same price as anything you could find online though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ummm kinky let me know on prices i would be interested in getting it only cause my o2 sensor went bad and i rather go wideband instead of stock ummm let me know def would buy if the price is right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know ebay sometimes isent the greatest place to go but what should i go after what would be the name of o2 sensor i should go for like uego type inavated type 4 wire onees and can u just get the sesor not the gauge and controller i already have a gauge

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
ok ummm kinky let me know on prices i would be interested in getting it only cause my o2 sensor went bad and i rather go wideband instead of stock ummm let me know def would buy if the price is right.
Hmm, I'm really not sure if you can use the widebands sensor in place of the factory sensor. Hopefully someone can chime in, I remember someone saying they messed around with those features of the innovative wideband. I just installed it as a wideband and cut all the extra features out since I have other electronics for tuning and such.

Price is ~$200 w/o gauge. What gauge do you have? Brand and model. Innovative says it can be hooked to nearly all narrow band gauges so I'd assume it would work with your gauge. With a gauge the innovative kit costs ~$300.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Innovative is by far the best....hell I haven't even heard of anyone using a wideband by any other brand. I can get one for you if you want, but I won't know pricing untill early next week. It should be the same price as anything you could find online though.
Haven't heard of anyone using any other brand?! Innovate is certainly good and reputable, but they are not the only players out there. AEM also has a very good wideband gauge/sensor combo.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You can't just buy a wideband sensor and stick it in place of your factory narrowband sensor. The way it works for the AEM UEGO system is that the gauge has an output wire that you connect to your ECU (in place of the factory O2 signal) and then you change the setting on the gauge to match what your ECU is expecting to see (mode P04 for our cars).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow that sounds confusing i bought a guage at advance auto for 50 bucks other then that im new to wideband stuff im going nitrous in a few weeks and i wanna make sure im not running rich or lean to much cause right now my car lacks power alot no go an using alot of gas for some reason

·
Registered
240 Posts
narrowband gauges are basically a waste of money, unless you like a random light show haha. The gauge you got only supports narrowband sensors, so all you have to do is tap into the signal wire of the sensor. If you are going nitrous, it would be more beneficial to get a wideband, but you are gonna have to fork over some money for a good one. No matter what, you are going to have to keep the factory narrowband sensor to keep the CEL away. AEM, atuometer and Innovative all make good wideband gauges, but each have different features, so choose the best one that suits you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok good deal it said it owrks on 4 wire o2 sensor but ur write its just a light show and probly not correct in readings cause im running rich so it says.but ye i dont mind forking out money for a good widband i will probly need it for mysniper nirtrous kit that just arived i will have to do more reserch b4 i put nitrous and a wideband on thanks for all this good intel ooo and kinkey if u read this i would like to do some busness with u in the nex 4 weeks sooner if possible wants some parts thanks

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone using any other brand?! Innovate is certainly good and reputable, but they are not the only players out there. AEM also has a very good wideband gauge/sensor combo.
I knew there were others out there, I just don't personally know anyone using anything other than Innovative.

ok good deal it said it owrks on 4 wire o2 sensor but ur write its just a light show and probly not correct in readings cause im running rich so it says.but ye i dont mind forking out money for a good widband i will probly need it for mysniper nirtrous kit that just arived i will have to do more reserch b4 i put nitrous and a wideband on thanks for all this good intel ooo and kinkey if u read this i would like to do some busness with u in the nex 4 weeks sooner if possible wants some parts thanks
Okay good! I was gonna say you should at least have a couple bolt ons before using nitrous...it's probably not that bad but it'd worry me with all the restrictive crap on our cars. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts