Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
"Order windows" here are the cars in the shipment either currently in transit or about to be shipped from the factory or storage facility available for sale. Once sold, window closes and next shipment date opens a new " order window"

There's obviously a finite number and dealers know how many and what colours are in that shipment and sell them accordingly. If they don't hit the "sold" button on the ordering system fast enough, they miss out and have to wait for the next shipment. That vehicle then gets loaded as a " pre sold" which means the next shipment size gets reduced by one.....compounding wait times for prospective buyers

I am wondering if the system works similar over on your side of the world?

·
Registered
2017 Vitara SZ-5 in Horizon Orange (Now sold), awaiting 2022 S-Cross Ultra Auto in Galactic grey.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'd imagine it will be a 'Worldwide' system, just dependant on wether batches are headed for Southern or Northern hemisphere, but 'Ordering Windows' are not something I've heard of, 'every day's a school day'! It does make sense though, although with some manufacturers, it's possible to access the same system the dealers have, so you can view in 'real time' at what stage your car is, such as in the build programme, expected build date, completion and shipping from factory to dock, ferry, arrival at UK distribution hub etc. At one point last year I had a new Toyota ordered (Later cancelled due to a completely hopeless dealer) and a guy on the Toyota forum explained exactly how to get into the dealer system and find out all this information, handy to know I guess, but Suzuki do it differently it appears, and dealerships only get to know after UK head office have been informed by the factory, and then put the information on the dealership accessed system.
Keith.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the exact same boat, ordered the Motion in March (for the 0% finance) from a local dealer with the promise of end of April delivery at the earliest, then it was end of May and now I'm looking at September. They specifically said to me that they were struggling for Vitara parts but that the S-Cross shouldn't be affected - which is the main reason I took the plunge as my current finance deal ends in October.

I'm tempted to cancel and buy a nearly new car instead but I'm worried I won't be able to get my deposit back so I'm a little stuck.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon and by some miracle we'll get delivery sooner than expected.

·
Registered
Vitara SZ5 2022 1.4 boosterjet auto in galactic grey
134 Posts
I’m pretty sure you’d get your deposit back. Given they promised a time frame. Could they perhaps get you a nearly new and use your deposit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’d like to hope so. I’m going to give the dealer a call tomorrow and see. However I doubt they’ll be able to offer me much after looking at their website.

I don’t think I’d be as bothered about it had they not played down the delays. I always knew there were potential delays going in but they seemed convinced it wouldn’t affect the s-cross.

·
Registered
Vitara SZ5 2022 1.4 boosterjet auto in galactic grey
134 Posts
at the end of the day, you can just say you need a car and given they promised it and that has not happened, you are unable to be without a car until September. They won't have registered it or anything and I am sure the uptake will be high and they would sell it easily in September. Then they don't have to do the 0% if it is not you buying it. They could find one with another dealer. or you do, it would be delivered to you, most likely. good luck.. but they cannot, I believe, keep your deposit if you cancel.

·
Registered
2017 Vitara SZ-5 in Horizon Orange (Now sold), awaiting 2022 S-Cross Ultra Auto in Galactic grey.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Some dealerships salesmen seem to have little problem with bending the truth a bit. The S-Cross uses many of the same basic parts as the Vitara does, engine, gearbox, and much of the running gear, so any major Vitara parts shortage also can affect the S-Cross equally. If you look around, many dealers have a 'Motion' in stock, Stoneacre group with about 30 dealerships seem to all have one, although they all seem to be in White and manual, though it could well be that they are not allowed to sell it as it might be the showroom model. I have no 'Dealer loyalty', if they have what I want, then I'll buy from them, but often dealers don't keep their ad's up to date, and you may find that on contacting them, a car is already sold, so it's a case of much phoning around. That was what happened in my case, I travelled to buy a car, only to find the one I wanted had been sold, but was offered an unsold dealer pre-order which was overdue in February (this was March 6th!) so I jumped for it, and like yourself, are now playing the waiting game. The only real snag is that if you cancel your existing deal, then you'll lose the 0% finance, as it ended on the day I ordered mine, and at the new finance rate of 7.4%, it adds a hefty extra cost to the deal. The Vitara still has a 0% deal on it though, always assuming you can get one. If you read back to my post 17, you'll see I contacted Suzuki UK head office to see what the situation was regarding delivery, and yes, I too was told September, but that could change (either way!) depending on parts supplies. My car (Ultra Auto in Titan Grey) is currently scheduled for June, but I'm not holding my breath!
Keith.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts