Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Vitara SZ-5 in Horizon Orange (Now sold), awaiting 2022 S-Cross Ultra Auto in Galactic grey.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new S-Cross 'Ultra' auto in Titan Grey metallic on March 6th, delivery was already late as it was a dealer pre-order scheduled for February, salesman said it was 'Already in the country' (though he didn't say which country!). Gave dealer a call at the end of March, original salesman 'no longer works for the company' but was told that according to the computer, delivery was now scheduled for April, but a few cars had been put back by 2 months. A further call a few days ago, and it's now scheduled for 'Week 24' which means mid-June.
I'm well aware of the semiconductor shortage situation causing delays, but looking around on other forums, it appears that some manufacturers (don't know if Suzuki is amongst them) source their wiring harnesses from a Ukrainian company, which, with the current Russian invasion of Ukraine, will mean no harnesses for the foreseeable future.
Obviously, alternative supplies will in time be organised, but that won't happen in the short term, so just wondered if anyone else is waiting for an S-Cross, or indeed any other Suzuki model and experiencing protracted delivery times?
Keith.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Southern hemisphere....order today and expect delivery some time after September for most manufacturers, unless you're lucky and there's one in the national storage facility, then its only 7 to 10 days.

·
Registered
2017 Vitara SZ-5 in Horizon Orange (Now sold), awaiting 2022 S-Cross Ultra Auto in Galactic grey.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak for the Swift/Ignis models, but the Vitara and S-Cross for the UK and European markets are built in Hungary. Are Southern Hemisphere market models built in Japan, subject to a different supply chain, and a little easier to get hold of maybe? Some manufacturers are quoting anything up to a years wait for UK models presently, so 4 months is pretty good going in the current situation. When I bought my Vitara from the Grimsby dealership in 2017, that port was where the Hungarian built cars came into the UK, and coming into Grimsby on the A180, there were fields full of new ones awaiting delivery, last year when I passed by, there wasn't a single Suzuki to be seen, only a fair number of Derby built Toyota's for export, awaiting shipping.
Keith.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems a bit odd to say the least. Announce a new model in mid-November, supply a few to give dealers showroom cars and a few extra, then 6 months later stop accepting orders? There seem to be plenty of Ignis and Swift models available looking on the internet, a few Vitara's but only the base model 'Motion' S-Cross in showrooms. I appreciate that I'm wanting the 'Ultra', and in Auto too, which few dealers seem to cater for as most drivers go for the manual gearbox, but at 75 and with left knee problems, I now need an auto, manual is no longer an option for me. Suzuki will be prioritising the lower to mid range models I imagine as that will be where the majority of their sales will be, and the previous S-Cross wasn't a high volume seller, at least, not in comparison to the Vitara. The Vitara is now evolving into the 1.5 non-turbo 'Full Hybrid', and the new S-Cross is said to be doing the same either later this year or early next, and I've no idea wether the 1.5 auto version is using the same Aisin-Warner auto box that the 1.4 turbo S-Cross uses. It might be seen as 'old-fashioned' for an auto box, but the 'Dual Clutch Transmission' or 'Continuously Variable Transmission' boxes don't seem to have the reliability of the hydraulic transmission types, so I'd rather stick with the hydraulic one myself. Just got to keep playing the 'waiting game' for now, I guess.
Keith.

·
Registered
Vitara SZ5 2022 1.4 boosterjet auto in galactic grey
134 Posts
I walked past my dealer today and they have the S Cross Demo. Not sure whether the motion or ultra, but it got me thinking... if yours is badly delayed you can pull out. But before I got this Vitara I had been offered a showroom S Cross. It was the Motion, but it was massively reduced - it just wasn't for me. If you haven't already, I would google some Suzuki dealers to see who has stock in.. Some may have from earlier orders that are now cancelled etc.. Obv only worth it, if you are not getting your new car any time soon.

When I was looking at the Vitara, a few dealers had some in stock, just not a colour I fancied, but there are definitely cars around, hopefully it would apply to the S Cross too

·
Registered
2021 Vitara SZ-T Manual
23 Posts
Whilst dealers may have cars in the showrooms it appears many are not available for sale. Suzuki are making dealers hold showroom display stock as well as demonstrators. When I purchased a new Vitara last October the dealer had to obtain permission from Suzuki to sell the showroom model.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It appears from the Suzuki UK website that the S-Cross Ultra auto option is no longer available, so I may never get my car. The only Vitara option with an auto box is now the base SZ-T, so no electric sunroof or leather seats, so I might have to start looking for an alternative brand.
Keith.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just emailed Suzuki customer services to ask if I will actually get delivery of this ordered version or wether it's been deleted from the range. I really do hope it will still be delivered as no other manufacturer has anything similar at the price with the spec I want, plus after 4.5 years with my Vitara with 100% reliability, that's important to me. Fingers crossed!
Keith.

·
Registered
134 Posts
indeed, fingers crossed - surely if you weren't going to get it they would have to have told you.

on Autotrader, I know it is not the same, as it is white at a dealer (they deliver), in Kidderminster, in the ultra auto in stock - and it looks like two in Leeds in stock. Obv it may be the ad has not been updated.

plus a demo one I reckon in the dark blue Used Automatic Suzuki after 2022 on carsnip.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Leeds dealer (Luscombe's) is the one mine is ordered from, and the Titan Grey one listed is my order, and they also list a Blue one, both are 'dealer pre-orders', neither of which are in stock unfortunately, don't think they update the ad too often. Don't fancy a White one, and the dealer I bought my Vitara from in 2017 (Read Suzuki, Grimsby) list a Grey auto 'Motion', but I really want the sunroof and leather seating. I've spent a good deal of time on the internet looking who has what, but can't find exactly what I want, auto's are a bit thin on the ground, but thanks anyway for looking.
Cheers,
Keith.

·
Registered
134 Posts
no probs.. I hope you get sorted.. did you look at the link for the blue one from Belmont Suzuki, just in case. I called the head office when I had to ask something the other week. They are very helpful, just in case you don't get a reply to your email, as they said they had not had my email - prob in a junk folder somewhere

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I did check the Belmont Suzuki one, it's up in Musselburgh, Midlothian in Bonnie Scotland, a fair old trek from me in the East Midlands. Unfortunately, even though it's a good price, by the time I've paid the finance rate for it, that would likely cost me more in total than the new one I'm waiting for, since I signed up on the 0% deal that you had for your Vitara, on the day they pulled it and substituted a 7.4%. That now works out at about 8 quid under 5k just for the interest, so you can see why I'm hanging on in hope of my original deal. I'll give the customer services a few days to reply as they are apparently still 'working from home', if no reply then I'll give them a call as I really do need to find out wether I'm going to get the car I ordered or not. In 58 years of driving and car buying, I've never known it to be such hard work trying to get hold of a new car, then again, we've never had anything like Covid before.
Keith.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think they’ll deliver? The only other thing, potentially, but again only if you don’t get yours, would your dealer get it from them so you could maintain what you have in place as you placed an order. I know the 0% was on new, but they should be pulling out all the stops

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Head Office got back to me, but not with news I was hoping for. Delivery is now September, but may be updated when the factory gets back to Head Office with production schedules. At that point, the dealership will be able to see delivery on their system and will be then able to update me further. Don't know if the 0% deal will still apply, (forgot to ask!) but have now asked them.
Keith.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think they’ll deliver? The only other thing, potentially, but again only if you don’t get yours, would your dealer get it from them so you could maintain what you have in place as you placed an order. I know the 0% was on new, but they should be pulling out all the stops
Head Office got back to me, but not with news I was hoping for. Delivery is now September, but may be updated when the factory gets back to Head Office with production schedules. At that point, the dealership will be able to see delivery on their system and will be then able to update me further. Don't know if the 0% deal will still apply, (forgot to ask!) but have now asked them.
Keith.
to be honest you placed the order you did, based on the 0%. I’m pretty sure they can’t alter that, the same way they can’t up the price of the car, if by September, they’re charging more for new. A real pain nonetheless given that’s months away

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered a new S-Cross 'Ultra' auto in Titan Grey metallic on March 6th, delivery was already late as it was a dealer pre-order scheduled for February, salesman said it was 'Already in the country' (though he didn't say which country!). Gave dealer a call at the end of March, original salesman 'no longer works for the company' but was told that according to the computer, delivery was now scheduled for April, but a few cars had been put back by 2 months. A further call a few days ago, and it's now scheduled for 'Week 24' which means mid-June.
I'm well aware of the semiconductor shortage situation causing delays, but looking around on other forums, it appears that some manufacturers (don't know if Suzuki is amongst them) source their wiring harnesses from a Ukrainian company, which, with the current Russian invasion of Ukraine, will mean no harnesses for the foreseeable future.
Obviously, alternative supplies will in time be organised, but that won't happen in the short term, so just wondered if anyone else is waiting for an S-Cross, or indeed any other Suzuki model and experiencing protracted delivery times?
Keith.
In a similar position.Ordered mine in January with expected March delivery. Dealer advised that I'd missed the "ordering window" and so delivery would be June. Just been advised it's now scheduled for August.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you waiting for the Ultra Auto version the same as me? Coincidentally, I missed a call from my dealer (Luscombe's) around 5pm yesterday, and they left a message asking me to ring back, which I did. The salesman told me he'd originally rung to tell me my car had just been unloaded from the transporter at the dealership, but despite doing the job for a long time, had made the 'rookie' mistake of not checking first. On doing that, it turned out it wasn't my car after all........Drat! He says it is still showing as June delivery, but that cars are arriving both unexpectedly early or considerably late. I guess that parts supply issues dictate what the factory in Hungary can build and the higher the model spec the more likely parts shortages may be, although I understand that the semiconductor supply issues are slowly getting better. I've never heard of an "Ordering Window" unless that was just for supply of the first batch of the new model when it arrived in November.
I took the opportunity to ask the salesman if the 0% deal I signed up for would be honoured and he said yes, as it wasn't my fault that the car was delayed. At least if your car arrives in August it'll be worth hanging on for the registration change, though in my case, I've a private plate on retention so it won't make any difference to me when it arrives. Just need to keep our fingers crossed for now.
Keith.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts