Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 87 samy and im Going to use it as a daily driver. I love the little guy and im looking to make it a little more modern. I cant find any link or pics of anyone doing the power door locks install. Any help would be great, thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
forgranted

i just realized... i have a sami i just traded JEEP parts for, havent gotten familiar with it, i think it has a clogged fuel filter and i left it parked at a local supermarket tonight unlocked without a thought about it. (course even if some punk hot wired it, its not running right and not going to get them to the main road, lol!) do you have a lot of ninja thieves in your area?

power doors locks would just make it complicated to remove them in the summer... you do remove yours right?:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no bro i dont do all that mudding and off road crap..I want to keep my little sammy clean. I just installed the door locks and it works great. If anyone wants me to do a how to i will.

·
Registered
24 Posts
that's cool... for me being 6'2" its just odd to have power locks in a vehicle thats 4' wide and i can unlock basically with my elbow... lol, jk...

def post the how to!

did you put remote start or a security system in? i'd be interested in something like that, i know they're readily available for jeeps n stuff but i haven't seen anything listed for sami's yet. the security issues with a soft top kind of concern me. hope to see the how-to post!

·
Registered
94 Posts
no bro i dont do all that mudding and off road crap..I want to keep my little sammy clean. I just installed the door locks and it works great. If anyone wants me to do a how to i will.
Wow why own a 'zuki if you don't go offroad? They are great on fuel though and having the option of 4X4 is nice.
If you weren't a fellow 'zuki owner we would have to refer to your rig as a "pavement princess"......no offence! LOL! But since you are family we will let it slide! LOL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahahaha pavement princess hahaha good one...no worries bro, yea i love the gas saving man and i cant afford to go destroy it offroad. Although i am looking at another tintop that i will be getting to go offroad with as a beater car. Hey i took off my hub locks does that make a difference. And as for imacks questions i didnt get an alarm system i just got the door locks by themself with a remote push button. I hate having to use my key everytime to open the damn door. And i also put a door lock on the back door and there all on a central locking system. Oh and im also installing automatic window in it as well, so far i have one door down. It wasnt easy but i did it, and i love the tintop it kinda reminds me of a scion xb...if they brought this car back into the U.S it would kill in sales...Im trying to make mine look like a luxuary mini suv...

·
Registered
24 Posts
i hope your gonna put a GM alternator in if your gonna run the power windows! that'll def. be a big luxury item. if you didn't... i wouldnt want to be driving at night with the lights on, the heater blowing and go to roll down the window... it would probably melt the poor lil stock alt. down. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a optima battery, so im not sure if im gonna need a bigger alternator. Although it is in my future plans...Yea it would suck to have all that on and then get stuck out in the middle pf nowhere...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Powerlock Windows

I agree... Definitely go with a GM alternator. My buddy has a powerlock system in his sami, and they are pretty sweet. He does say they pull hard on the power supply, even with the new alternator. Not me though, I'd stick with the manual locks. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts