Suzuki Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Looking for an idler arm for a Daihatsu Rocky. Can't find the thing anywhere. Help
You're asking about a Daihatsu in a Suzuki forum?

As far as I know there was never any relationship between the two companies - you might have better luck in a general 4x4 forum - www.DIFFLOCK.com - or I believe Toyota now owns Daihatsu, there may be a Toyota part that fits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I was asking about Daihatsu in a Suzuki froum. Because there's not a Daihatsu forum and i thought that maybe with the two units being somewhat similar that somebody here would know where to find parts or know if any other brand parts would cross reference. Thanks for your reply, I'll definitely check out Difflock. I've run out of options and I'm willing to try anything

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Similar ?!? The only similarity between a Daihatsu Rocky and any one of the Suzukis is that they are both 4WD

As for there not being Daihatsu forums - the first thing you need to do is learn to use Google, a search for Daihatsu forum turned up nine different forums on the first page alone - I'm not going to say that they are 4WD or Rocky related or even english speaking, but they certainly do exist.

You know - there are certain things that one has to make a decision on - I don't own a Daihatsu, and that's not by chance, it's by choice - it took me over two years to track down a Suzuki Grand Vitara that I was willing to pay the asking price on - and in that time frame I also looked at a Feroza and a Rocky, and passed on both - because parts are just too hard to find. I also passed on V6 Vitara for the same reason.

Do yourself a favour - get rid of the Rocky - get your a Suzuki, parts are available & forums are plentiful - oh - stay away from used JDM, regardless of brand, unless you read, write & speak fluent Japanese, and have friends in Japan to get the parts for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.