Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found a 98 Suzuki X90 that I'm interested in buying, but wanted to ask anyone who's owned one of these cars about their experience. Did you have any major issues mechanically or with reliability? How many MPGs do you get and what kind of driving do you use it for? Do you have any info on the safety?

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions haha :D

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I do not have a X90... they remind me of a Mazda Miata (MX-5) but with four wheel drive!

I'd expect it to have slightly better MPG, just due to the shape. I'm not sure how I'd use it as I need a back seat. But I do know that under the skin they are fairly much a TracKick... so they should have the same issues mechanically and reliability as any "TracKick."

·
Super Moderator
24,450 Posts
These cars are very similar in most respects to the Trackick - it's basically a 2 door Trackick with a different body stuck on - the engine (when maintained) is extremely reliable. Mileage should be somewhat better than the Trackicks, (25-29mpg) due to design. There are not many X-90 owners on the forum (or probably anywhere, actually), but issues will be the same. Number one issue: rust. When you look at the car, make sure you get underneath and look for rust in frame, rear area near the gas tank and suspension, floorpans, etc. Make sure that the check engine light on the dash is on with the key on and off once the car starts, as well.
Safety - well, that depends on your driving, I suppose. There are no known safety issues where drivers have been cautious and sensible...;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts