Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Loganator said:
jimmy rig it up ;)

lmao do what now o yeah there was another member who did one for $16 dollars pretty rigged but he did it mind he got some of the stuff for free....or u can save your pennies and go for the bms cai its the best for our car

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Zipper said:
Oh man, I just got my BMS in. Its sound is very much in line with stock, and yet, its deeper. Like a purring panther. Its cute now, but it will bite, and you know it.
My make go responce has also inproved, and it looks less like a cheep ricer, and more like a high quality tuner

can we hear how it sounds?? :) i would really like to see a video or audio clip

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont get why people buy these POS intakes all that money for maybe 2or 3 hp? You get more hp than that by taking off ps.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
SOL said:
i dont get why people buy these POS intakes all that money for maybe 2or 3 hp? You get more hp than that by taking off ps.
Taking off ps? whats that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a dyno chart to prove that to me, ill apologize otherwise it sounds like a butt dyno to me. Also you said freed up are you suggesting that the stock intake layout is restricting 6hp or are you saying that a cold air intake added 6whp to your car? Yes I am a newb' yes I hate people trying to rip people off for a plastic pipe thats similar to stock. Yes I hate butt dynos.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
You asked for it. Hope you have a PDF reader. The stock is extreamly restrictive, just like the exhaust. THe cold air freed up 6HP, and in a distinctive way. They whent with a plastic after they experimented, and found the plastic has less heat transfer then the metal ones..
And with the air resevor over the throtel body, you get a better acceleration due to no vaccume on a fast start.
BMS release of their CAI
These guys are racers and engeneers. They developed it for Rally, and the mass produced it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
SOL said:
If you have a dyno chart to prove that to me, ill apologize otherwise it sounds like a butt dyno to me. Also you said freed up are you suggesting that the stock intake layout is restricting 6hp or are you saying that a cold air intake added 6whp to your car? Yes I am a newb' yes I hate people trying to rip people off for a plastic pipe thats similar to stock. Yes I hate butt dynos.
Dyno already posted. Zip beat me to it.

The stock intake DOES restrict 6 hp. If you were to take yours out, you's see why. There are two resonators in addition to the airbox. One lower and one upper that sits on the TB. The upper one reduces diameter to about 2 inches, where the lower one reduces to around 1 1/2".

Both are "egg crated" inside to reduce noise. This furthers restriction. All designed by GM/Suzuki/Daewoo in an effort to reduce noise and make for a pleasant ride. But this sucks major monkey balls for flow and ultimately power.

Now with the BMS intake you have a smooth, 3 inch wide (same as TB), heat resistant tube with a wider plenum up on top of the TB that allows for a rush of air under hard acceleration. There's where people talk about the throttle response.

Couple this with a good cat-back and you're releasing 10-12 hp of the cars untapped power.

This is not speculation. TBH I'm quite tired of explaining it OVER and OVER. It's been discussed dozens of times and a quick search will do wonders.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Zipper said:
They never listen, then they call you a lier when you post kills, cause they don't like the light.
Well, he admittedly is new to it all, so I kept my tone as under control as I could....lol

I've been hanging on the game forums too much. With all their l33t 5p34k and pWn jOo NuBs!!!1!111onewaffleundergod

ugh...me needs break from forums :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zipper im sorry for calling you a liar, thank you for explaining how its setup. Is that the reason torque rating is higher the hp rating?lots of air restrictions?

Has anyoused gsxr tb's to make a itb setup yet?what all are on the manifold and tb? standard(tps,iac,map,mas)?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts