Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase 2013 kizashi sport gts with ~30k miles. I've read around a handful suzuki/kizashi threads that mentioned some vehicles have experienced issues with the cvt (usually 2010/2011 models). Just wanted to know how any current 2013 kizashi owners are doing with their vehicles. Are there known issues with the CVT or anything else? I'm really contemplating a Kizashi it for the AWD + styling, but just concerned with something happening with the transmission.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Apart from the CVT issues, the only other major issue (I can think of) is the rear shock absorbers can suffer rust on the piston. This causes premature shock failure. Suzuki released a revised bump stop to fix the problem, but it was never a recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2013 sls awd

No issues with mine. Great piece of machinery. Goes through snow with ease. Cvt is fun to use. Keeps pulling and pulling until you feather off the gas pedal. Before I first learned how to operate it ( the cvt ) I would have a slight lag in acceleration, ( If that lag does happen just paddle down then up quickly with the steering wheel shifters ) as I wanted to mash down on the gas pedal like you would a conventional geared transmission. Once it hooks up though by feathering the pedal ( in the course of a fraction of a second, you will know by feel ) it launches off and keeps going until you let up on the gas pedal. No momentary hesitation as with a geared transmission before it moves into the next gear. I was watching my tachometer the first time on the highway go from 3000rpms to 4000 to 5000 to 6000 in a matter of seconds before I realized I was doing 120mph. Rock solid suspension ( though it will not hold up for the years that it should because of these road conditions ) and steering. Supple ride even over those said conditions. Suzuki and the team of engineers from Audi and Volkswagen put their best into this auto to try and break into this segment of the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts