Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1986 Samurai for good price but no top on it, anyone have an idea of making a cheap top from scrach with cheap stuff?

·
Registered
686 Posts
That would be monotonous and time consuming, I got my Bestop from Ebay for I think a lick under 200, money well spent. It might cost half that to make one. Getting it to fit right would be quite a chore and take considerable skill and patience.

I see them on Ebay now for ~$155 shipped free. Is the hardware in place?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If You just want to keep it dry for the wet weather. You could use 6 mill black plastic and duct tape. That is the cheapest. I live in wet country. It rains almost 8 months a year. Heavy black plastic and duct tape have been our salvation sometimes. Mac

·
Registered
686 Posts
I to used to live in the Pacific Northwest, the rain (and surplus of people) drove me back to South Dakota. Car covers are a must for things that habitually leak everywhere, like MGs and Suzukis if you live there. You could probably make a bikini top with the above mentioned plastic and protect from incidental rain if you are somewhere with 4 real seasons. I have 4 seasons here, a bikini top would work with the exception if winter.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Throw some pics of your finished product!!

I don't have a bikini top but it would be nice to have, would love to see how this all goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts