Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get a manual (owners or repair) for my X90 but until I do I have to ask here. The X90 is different enough from the Tracker that I can't look some things up in the manual I have ( Haynes is not usually any help for either). I lifted the X90 on a 2 post hoist and went to spin the tires but, although the rear were free, the fronts were locked. Front drive lines were free so it had to be brakes. Started the car in 4x4 and when I let out the clutch there was a thunk as the brakes let go. Now they spin freely. Is it a hill hold or a brake problem?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
If it release when you applied throttle it is likely the hill hold..

That is of course if you have the hill hold feature..

BTW: The Haynes is not much better than TP..

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
If it is not a newer vehicle there is little chance you have hill hold

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't 'think' the X90 came with hill assist in 96 but I had better be sure before tearing into it to find the problem. I once spent a day tracking down a Porsche problem only to find that it was another German auto feature.
As for the Haynes: I have an alert set on e-bay if any x90 manuals come up but all I get are Haynes hits or some dreamer thinking they have riches in a book form. Gave up waiting and have the thing in the air for what seems like lots of missing service

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Been sitting for a bit? Front pads can stick to the disks giving your symptoms, if it's free now keep an eye on it. Front lines have been known to collapse internally and not let brakes release fully too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sat outside for a month or so and just moved in yesterday. Easily pushed it around to line it up. Calipers are very rusty and i washed it prior to moving and there was still water around brakes today so they could have stuck. First time I noticed it happen and it was both fronts so it probably isn't the hoses at calipers. Brake work is one of the tasks, along with changing auto to manual hubs so I'll be deeper into it

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Check the caliper pins, if they are corroded applying the brakes can cause them to jam on. It will be something simple and often neglected, now it's done it, I bet the offending corroded bit has been semi cleaned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts