Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought I would post a question. I have already learned lots by just reading, you guys are very knowledgeable. So, here we go, just got a 1987 sammy and it has a wine in the transmission in 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gear. When I let out the clutch while in neutral it also makes some what of a wine. I have read all about transmission rebuilds and don't think I could do it alone, I have a friend that could help that is a great mechanic. It that what i am looking at, or do you know any other things to try.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unless you have some rattling to go along with the whinnig, personally, I wouldn't do anything to it right away. If it starts getting noticably worse, then I'd do something about it. I think any transmission that's 20+ years old might have a little wear that can be tolerated. Both of mine whine somewhat. I picked up a spare to rebuild, just in case. The great thing about these little Sammies is the parts are reasonible. Only paid $90 for rebuildable core transmission.

I've got a 71 Land Cruiser that sounds like a 747 spooling up for take off. Been that way for 15,000 miles.

Just check the fluiid levels and watch for any metal in the gear oil.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anybody ever use that Auto-RX? I've read some mixed reviews, but mostly good. Just wondering if it is worth trying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts