Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after a rear axle bearing and seal install new rear brakes and a new paint job inside and out.
Had my woman help bled brakes she started pumping brakes and turn signal relay(next to fuse box) started buzzing so replaced it. Also aftermarket fuel pump was not working either.
No signals no rear lights of anykind! So I place the hot wire from fuel pump on postive post of battery and Front marker lights flicker nothing from pump???
Turn on signals and both front marker lights work blinking??? They are not wired to signals push brake pedal front marker lights come on???
Oh the buzzing from signal relay apply brakes it stops???
Bad ground somewhere or has anyone had similar problems. Makes no sense to me I wired front lights and they all worked fine including back lights until I painted it.
Any Help besides gas and a match? LOL Yeah it crossed my mind I put a slick paint job on it and cant show it off to all my buddies! WTH
Thanks
MorelDawg:eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if you apply brakes both signal indicators on dash light up (ya no the lil green arrows cut out in dash) and no blown fuses in box checked several times through out:mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just for the heck of it run a free test..... run a good ground from the body to the frame and a good ground from the battery negative side to the frame. Also look for any existing ground wires to either and clean them up.

·
Super Moderator
12,345 Posts
Also if you apply brakes both signal indicators on dash light up (ya no the lil green arrows cut out in dash) and no blown fuses in box checked several times through out:mad:
The tail light ground is defective - I believe this also affects the fuel pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx

Thx guys
Had to replace frame to body grounds
Located on drivers side rear.
Everything works again
I ground tester to frame ground and to floor pan it lite up then just a matter of finding the bad grounds.
Thx again:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts