Suzuki Forums banner

Alto engine oil problem

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pojifaf 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a four year old, 13000 mile Alto automatic which broke down without warning, no warning lights nothing. The main dealership from where I bought the car say that there has been a problem with no oil reaching the top of the engine and as a result we are probably going to need a new engine. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem as I feel aggreived due to the low mileage and I`m looking for some backup for when I speak to Suzuki customer services later
Thanks in anticipation
Vince

#2 ·
My mothers suzuki alto almost did the same thing as yours well simular. I serviced the car for her but i put to much oil into it 3.1 it suposse to take i probally put 3.3 into it. When she drove it up a steep hill bellows of smoke started to blow out of her but this happend about 1mth after i serviced it for her also the engine light came on. Anyway i thought i had f****d up the little engine turns out the oil got up through the breathers and the EMC tube basicly she just blows the oil out off her hence the smoke. The car is ok now the machnic changed the oil and filters and shes running fine. Did you get someone to check the oil pump on it but it seems strange your haveing this problem with that sort of mileage on the clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.