Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP. My wife has a 2010 alto & the problem is intermittent & when slowing down it will count out amber warning lights come on . I have plugged car in obd & done full scan & only problem that comes up is steering code c1122 which was told the c is a chassis code . I was advised to change crank sensor which ha been done & problem still persists. So has anybody else had this problem

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
C1122 is the engine speed sensor code that triggers when the power steering module isn't seeing an engine speed (revolutions) signal correctly.

Off to a diagnostician, this can be a tricky one to track down and it sounds more like something else is causing your cutting out issues and that is then triggering the C1122 code.

I would also be checking all the connections to the electric assist steering module in the first instance. As this is intermittent its more likely to be a connection or wiring issue. The Crank sensor is only one of the sensors that can trigger this code, CMP is another. Diagnose it first before tossing parts at it shotgun style.

Note down (as in carry a notebook and pen) exactly what you were doing when it cuts out, and conditions before it cut out. Weather, bumpy road, just turned a corner etc it may seem silly, but this sort of data helps in diagnosis especially intermittent issues like this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts