Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont really kno what is wrong with my sammi...got a new battery but is draining down over night...decided to check connections and found nothin wrong but broke a fusible link! any ideas where i can get one or will anyone from a parts store work...and is the alternator bad???the battery light and sensor light stays on while idling and when you give it throttle it goes off until you let off again and it comes on once more....thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
... wat about the fusible link
The fusible link is still available from Suzuki for about $8. I carry a spare. See it at: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn160/Merlin-93/FusibleLink-1.jpg Some additional fusible link info there too (just delete the xxx.jpg from the URL). Or buy some fusible link wire and solder in a repair. Just don't use regular wire. Fusible link wire has special insulation that won't catch fire.

Don't let your battery get discharged. An ordinary starting battery has only a very few deep discharges and will quickly become ruined. Disconnect it when you park for the night and then check the voltage in the morning before starting up. It should read above 12.5V in the morning if it's not discharging on its own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well got new alt the old one was bad 100 bill gone...now to the fusible link..looked on suzukioffroad easy fix 8 gauge wire and 30amp fuse fired up runs 100% better with new alt thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts