Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a alternate carburator that will work on a 1988 Samurai that does not have all of the vacuum lines, solonoids, etc? I am wanting a simple carburator like one used on vehicles in the 50's and 60's.

Baby Duck

I am using the name Baby Duck because my Samurai is an amphibian.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The Weber 32/36 is a common option, but have you looked into using a 40mm or 44mm Harley Davidson CV carb? I have tested both versions that are out on the market and they have lots of power, great fuel economy and neck popping throttle response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billjohn,

What type of adaptor is that to go from downdraft to sidedraft and where do you find such adaptor?

Harold
(Baby Duck)

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Billjohn,

What type of adaptor is that to go from downdraft to sidedraft and where do you find such adaptor?

Harold
(Baby Duck)
Although it looks like simple adapter, the whole (stock) intake has been machined to accept the sidedraft carb allowing a straight-through line of travel for the fuel/air mixture. The plate you see on top blocks off the original opening and forms the bracket to hold the carb. Here is the installation I did for this setup:
PW CV Carb
The other manufacturer I mentioned above is Zukes OffRoad (ZOR) and they have something similar. The article for their setup is almost done.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Forgot to mention that the above picture is of the Petroworks version. I am using a 44mm Screamin Eagle CV Carb from Harley Davidson in that installation.
Here is a better shot showing it mounting to the side of the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts