Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been some discussion of a spare wheel for 4wd versions of the ignis, I've found a listing from a suzuki dealership below:

Suzuki Ignis Spare Wheel Kit (4wd)

and have now ordered one for myself, I'm a little curious what the difference (£30 of difference) between the allgrip and 2wd spare wheels.

Will update in due course.

·
Registered
710 Posts
£329 !!!!!

I can't imagine there will be any difference.

EDIT - the illustrations aren't what's being supplied - the Ignis only has four-stud hubs

·
Registered
710 Posts
So here are the two URLs:

And the descriptions:

2wd:

Note: Chassis number (VIN) specific part.

• Genuine Suzuki original equipment part.
  • Supplied as an individual (x1) replacement Spare Wheel Kit.
  • Complete Spare Wheel & Tyre Kit
  • Applicable to 2WD models ONLY:
  • Please remember to add the correct quantity required.

*Please note some images are used for demonstration purposes only.

4wd:

Note: Chassis number (VIN) specific part.

• Genuine Suzuki original equipment part.
  • Supplied as an individual (x1) replacement Spare Wheel Kit.
  • Complete Spare Wheel & Tyre Kit
  • Applicable to 4WD models ONLY:
  • Please remember to add the correct quantity required.

Please Note: Due to the 4WD system components, when this kit is fitted, rear seat rearward movement is reduced by approx.5cm.

*Please note some images are used for demonstration purposes only.

Now on my 2WD car the seat at its "normal" position is back against the stops and the parcel shelf fits nicely. If I was to move the seat forwards by 5cm there would be gaps.

It's known that to accommodate the rear differential, the boot size of the Allgrip model is smaller - one of several things putting me off it. Raising the spare wheel could restrict rearward movement - and maybe the well is less deep than the 2wd meaning there are additional components - i.e. foam packers - in the 4wd kit to create a level floor around the well?

EDIT - this isn't an Ignis but illustrates what I'm trying to describe:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here the cost difference is even more - €100!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The devil is in the detail. Only one space saver bare wheel is listed for the Ignis and it’s 15 inch diameter so will fit models with 15 or 16 inch wheels. It may be that a different profile tyre is used on the 4wd because of the space constraints in the boot / wheel well of this model. A perfectly decent aftermarket space saver wheel / tyre + jack is widely available for around £100. Forum members have also purchased a standard alloy wheel and tyre as a spare and this fits the wheel well with a slight protrusion above the boot floor. Might however be an issue on 4wd drive models. Original alloy wheels + tyres sell for around £100 - 120 on EBay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its for sure a specific kit for the all grip models. It's however a complicated install, I'll update later in the week with some pics and scan ins of the guide (it came with a 2wd and a 4wd version).

When it listed an ultrasonic cutter as a required tool, I should've probably got it done with my dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts