Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

We just had to have the steering column shaft replaced in our 03 Tracker LT V6 due to one of the universal joints seizing up, causing the steering to tighten, then loosen as you turned the steering wheel.

I was charged for an alignment. I understand that the steering wheel should be in align with the wheels as the shaft is replaced but since nothing is else is disconnected (steering rack, tie rod ends or struts); why an alignment?

I didn't want to challenge the shop until I had researched this on the net and get your advice.

Thanks to all those who reply in advance
Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,264 Posts
Hi all:

We just had to have the steering column shaft replaced in our 03 Tracker LT V6 due to one of the universal joints seizing up, causing the steering to tighten, then loosen as you turned the steering wheel.

I was charged for an alignment. I understand that the steering wheel should be in align with the wheels as the shaft is replaced but since nothing is else is disconnected (steering rack, tie rod ends or struts); why an alignment?

I didn't want to challenge the shop until I had researched this on the net and get your advice.

Thanks to all those who reply in advance
Cheers
Tony
No need for alignment with the work commissioned, but maybe they found the geometry on the underside was out..

..... Philip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts