Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ack's faqs had this on the subject.

caster......... + 3.5 degree (+/- 1 deg.)

camber ...... + 1 degree (+/- .75 deg.)

toe-in ......... 2-6 mm. (.08 - .24 in.)

My camber is in spec but the caster is - 4.1 and the toe-in is .40 in.

I'll order some 7 degree wedges, back off the toe in , and see how it goes.

John :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ack's faqs had this on the subject.

caster......... + 3.5 degree (+/- 1 deg.)
camber ...... + 1 degree (+/- .75 deg.)
toe-in ......... 2-6 mm. (.08 - .24 in.)

My camber is in spec but the caster is - 4.1 and the toe-in is .40 in.
I'll order some 7 degree wedges, back off the toe in , and see how it goes.

John :(
Thanks for stopping by Ack's FAQ!

-4 degrees is seriously off!

Did you measure caster on the top of the kingpin plate with the vehicle on perfectly level ground?

Wedges are the Devil's Spawn! The can corrode, break and generally do a [email protected] job. Your best bet (I assume that you have a SPOA lift) is to cut and reweld the perches.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-4 deSrees is seriously off!

Wedges are the Devil's Spawn! The can corrode, break and generally do a [email protected] job. Your best bet (I assume that you have a SPOA lift) is to cut and reweld the perches.

Hey Ack....thanks for the encouragement and info.

Yes....my new aquisition does have a SPOA lift, 84 Toyota axles and 33'' super sw. tsl's.

I dropped the front axle and found 5 deg. wedges on the perches.......BACKWARDS !! I removed them and got a almost neutral caster. I have a fastrax cast/camb guage that works pretty good. I don't work as good as the guage though as I missed my mark of rewelded perches at +4.5. They turned out equal at slightly over +3 deg. (no wedges)

Driveshaft didn't suffer any at the slightly steeper angle.

My wife followed me in the minivan and flashed the lights when I hit 60 on the blacktop ( I was reading 67). Steers great, centers after a curve when you let the wheel slide through your hands. I'm thinking it's good enough and may get a little better with less agressive tires. It sounded like a "air- raid siren" !!!

Thank again Ack. I really appreciate your FAQ's site. Helped me a bunch!

John :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah, some people think if you point the dif at the transfer case it will make it drive better since the drive shaft isn't kinked as much.... doesn't work that way though... :p

Wedges are a great way to experiment with your setup and find out how much andusting you need to do, but they aren't a permanent solution. Glad you got them outa there. Some people run them all the time... I prefer not to.

Now that you got the angles straightened out... what kind of steering set up are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts