Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install a alarm system for my 2006 reno. I would like it to have a cut off switch, starter disabler, be able to unlock/lock the doors,have a siren of course. I don't want anything fansy! I am looking for opinions on aftermarket alarms, tips and advice, and how hard was it to install because I will like to do it myself.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
582 Posts
lol, you say you dont want anything fancy, but you are asking for a bit much.... Just teasing with ya...

Anyway, i am not sure and i was actually looking for something simular to what you discribed. I am going to look it up sometimes today and see if I can find some deals online. If and when i do, i will get back to you and let you know what I found.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check out a place like CarToys if you have one within decent driving distance.

I got an Audiovox Prestige security system installed on my car two days ago. What I bought features more than what you're looking for, but CarToys definitely has an adequate selection of alarm systems, most with starter disablers and whatnot.

Before that, I had a Silencer system installed at the dealership when I bought the car. Decent enough, but sometimes I couldn't enable the alarm in certain locations. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Put a sign on the car that says "I hate this thing, please, please steal it!!!!" I guarantee nobody will touch it!!
Seriously though, some of the best security systems are homemade. The reason why is that you can create a system to keep the car from starting that nobody but you knows how to operate. Check the vehicle pin-outs on the ECU, or through the starter circuit and install an on off switch that you hide somewhere in the car. Presto, security system. I saw a design online for one that required the cigarette lighter to be pushed in in order to start the car, what criminal would think of that? Another trick I saw is to take off the coil wire and replace it with one that is broken for long term storage. No spark, no start. Just use some ingenuity and a little minor electronics knowledge and you can make your own.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Reno 07 installed K9 sombra i think.
Nice thing about this alarm is as soon as u approach the car doors unlock, u leave they lock automatically without pressing any button.
But i was told they needed to install extra motor so all door locks can go up and down automatically.
Paid 200 $.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts