Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've searched for A/C got nothing, tired AC got nothing. Searched for Airconditioning and got 2 threads. I can't believe I'm the only one that has had a problem with the AC on an XL7.

I just bought this car at the end of Jan and it was too cold to check it. The previous owner said it worked fine. It doesn't work. When I turn it on, the extra fan will turn on, but the compressor isn't turning. I assumed it was just low on 134a, so I tried to put a can in it, but I don't think I got it to go in. I'm using the cheap reusable $17.00 Wally World special. I've never been happy with it, and I've used it on my son's Camry for years. It says the level is too high, but the sight glass is kind of milky, which tells me it still needs more freon.

Will freon go in if the compressor isn't turning? Someone told me the low pressure switch would keep the compressor from turning on to protect it.

Where is the fuse box on these cars? I thought I would start with the fuse, but haven't found the box yet. To be honest I've just given it a quick glance, so I haven't looked really hard, nor in the manual I bought.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Troubleshoot using this thread as a reference...

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/1g-1999-2005-vitara-grand-vitara/46612-2000-chevy-tracker-c-compressor.html

And no, you can't properly charge the system without the compressor running, and without the system running the sight glass won't display anything of system charge significance. :(

Use your Owners Manual to ID the fuse locations for starters. Look under dash, under hood and typically a stand alone 25 AMP A/C fuse next to the under hood fuse box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts