Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my unfortunate run in with diesel (company that refills our farm tanks put diesel in the unleaded tank, and i unfortunately got a gallon in my tank), I got my car running. It took a lot of diluting and cranking, and I had to hook the battery up to a charger. Now everything runs like new, except my airbag light came on. What can i do to turn it off? the car isn't under warranty, and the nearest dealer is in vegas. I layed my driver seat down, i read online that there are airbag sensors under the seats and can be shorted by doing this. could it be that or can i just take the battery cables off for 30 mins and clear the computer? im not too concerned, but i'd like it off if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately this is a dealer/repair shop that is qualified fix. I had this to happen in my 06 a couple years ago and no one would touch it due to safety. Diagnostic was running $125 hourly...I'm alright with the light being on :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk. it seems a bit funny that it came on while cranking my car to get it running again. tomorrow i'm going to disconnect the battery, clear the computer, and see if that does anything. if not, i'm not too worried about it. just peace of mind issue. all i do know is as soon as i can afford to, this "suzuki" is gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts