Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an 06 forenza and i put a new stereo in it and ever since that my airbag light in the gauge cluster has been on. is this related or is it another problem. please help. Thanks

Trz

·
Registered
124 Posts
reach under both your front seats and squeeze the airbag connectors together as tight as you can I'm always seeing them come in for that

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine also went on, all I did is take a battery termal off for about 5-10 min and it should reset, you can also take it into the dealer and have them do it for free(well mine does)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i tried to take the terminals off... i even took both pos and neg off... and the light is still on.. any other suggestions? i can't figure it out, and i have to pass state inspection in like a week.. haha

·
Registered
265 Posts
foserius said:
i tried to take the terminals off... i even took both pos and neg off... and the light is still on.. any other suggestions? i can't figure it out, and i have to pass state inspection in like a week.. haha

state inspection for what?

·
Registered
259 Posts
My airbag light came on a while back too -- I ended up taking it in to the dealer for another issue, and had them check it. It was a water bottle that had gotten under the seat, and hit the wires. Check the wiring, as someone else said. Make sure they are tight, and nothing can hit them (amp?). Also, if the seat gets moved forward/back and the wires hang up, that could contribute.

The other thing the dealership said they were seeing was liquids spilled in the console area causing problems with the module. Apparently it's located there, and a drink tipping over in your cupholder can short it and cause problems.

I'd check under the seat first, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So ... it turns out that i checked all my connections on my airbags under the seats in my 05 reno.. and then i took the center console and turns out i spilled coca cola on the airbag control shit down there... anyone know about that or have had to replace that

·
Registered
259 Posts
The dealership in Scottsdale mentioned this just over the phone when I told them I had an airbag light. The guy said he has seen several come in for that exact problem. Spill a drink in your cupholder, and you've got soda right on the module. So yeah, it's not uncommon. Guy told me that if Suzuki knew it was a spill, they wouldn't likely cover it - so you might be SOL.

I got lucky - mine came on from a water bottle under the seat hitting the wires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts