Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 SX4 and my first Suzuki. I went to my local autoparts store to buy an Air FIlter for it and they had no listing for it except a K&N and I wasn't wanting to go to that extreme. I was hoping for a Purolator Pure One or something of that sort. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing available in the aftermarket except K&N. I just bought a 2008, and had the same problem.
Finally ordered 2 OE replacement filters from Southwest Suzuki in Weatherford, TX.
They are online so do a search.
Cheaper than my local dealer that's 40 miles away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autozone

Nothing available in the aftermarket except K&N. I just bought a 2008, and had the same problem.
Finally ordered 2 OE replacement filters from Southwest Suzuki in Weatherford, TX.
They are online so do a search.
Cheaper than my local dealer that's 40 miles away.
My local autozone got me a filter today and it is a Champ AF3899.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, new here.

I've recently bought an '07 SX4 1.5 hatchback and would be interested to know the K&N panel replacement filter part number if anyone has the info.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
So has anyone else had any luck purchasing an air filter that isn't K&N? I see Purolator makes one (A25802) but it seems very hard to come by.

Any store suggestions?

Didn't want to pay $31 from the dealership...now i'm thinking that might be my only choice

·
Registered
643 Posts
I got mine on Ebay a few weeks ago. I don't remember the brand name, but it looked stock.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Don't shy away from the K&N engine air cleaner.
It's the last air cleaner you'll ever need to buy for your car.
You never need to throw it away, like other air cleaners. When it gets dirty you just wash it out, dry it and re-oil it and put it back in the car.

So far, it appears that K&N is NOT making a cabin air filter for the SX4.
I can get a FRAM filter from Advance Auto Parts.
Cabin Air Filters - Fram Advantage

Part Details

Check out this video:
http://www.fram.com/carcare/howto.php?vid_id=5#flashVideo

After only nine months on the road, my own cabin air filter was really dirty, with dead bugs, leaves and lots of really fine sand. Sand being the biggest problem here in Florida.

I just blew it out with compressed air and put it back in.
The next time I take out my Cabin Air Filter, it will be replaced by the above mentioned filter.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

**I'm just guessing, that the people reading this forum are among the 1/10th of 1 percent of the drivers in the world that even know that their car comes with a Cabin Air Filter.
I've never heard it mentioned by the dealer or any service departments.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Some of the oil from those filters get on the mass airflow sensor and can cause issues. If that happens clean the sensor with brake cleaner.

My Advanced Auto does not stock our filters yet.

In my last car the cabin filter collapsed.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My favorite Advance Auto store does not carry the Cabin Air Filter in stock, but they tell me that they can get it in 48 hours. If you don't see something on the shelf...... ASK FOR IT!

Collapsed? You must have had your AC on bringing in fresh air during a rain storm. Water will do that to a paper filter.

I almost NEVER have my outside vent open when running my AC.
Why try to cool HOT outside air when it's much easier to cool inside air that's already been through the AC once or more times?
I guess that's one of the tricks that comes with age and experience. Eh?

By the way, I love the AC in my SX4. Works as good as any I've ever had, and that includes all the Big Name GM products.

:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts