Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The temperature dial on the air controls is stuck on the heat side and won't move to the cool side. Looked under the dash and this part isn't letting it move. Anybody know how to get it unstuck? It's on a 95 tracker

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
The cable for the heat control is supposed to be attached to the pin on that lever. Can you move that lever by hand??

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
To be honest, I don't know if the lever pushes or pulls, actually. If you hook the cable up as it should be on this lever, you should be able to see the direction the lever should go - the cable may exert a greater amount of pressure on the lever than you suspect. That lever opens and closes a gate inside the heater unit, and I can't think of a way to repair this - if the lever is not working at all, without removing the heater unit.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I tried pushing the lever by hand and it won't move
Did you disconnect the cable before trying this test? A binding cable could cause even this test to fail. IIRC, the only thing attached inside the case is a flap. If the flap (lever) doesn't move with the cable disconnected, I'd suspect something in the flap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts