Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a old jimny ja11 1990 model
Wondering what the bleed valve looking like thing is on the top of the filter drier. I’m trying to get my ac system working again and The filter drier cost ¥5000 (over $50). I may purchase it as I when my ac is fixed I want it to last for as long as possible but I noticed there’s a screw in the top of it beside the pressure switch. I thought this might have been a trap to drain built up moisture or something.
thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
1998 Chevy Tracker 4x4 16v/1.6l/5spd
51 Posts
I'm new to car HVAC and don't have the exact answer, but my trade is residential and commercial HVAC and refrigeration. Usually those driers are not reusable, and loaded with desiccant that absorbs moisture to a point, then must be replaced. But I don't know if this also applies to MVAC in cars.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Its an unused port, designed for a different type of pressure switch. Don't touch it.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Always replace the drier if the system has been open to atmosphere, thats what stops any moisture freezing in the system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a old jimny ja11 1990 model
Wondering what the bleed valve looking like thing is on the top of the filter drier. I’m trying to get my ac system working again and The filter drier cost ¥5000 (over $50). I may purchase it as I when my ac is fixed I want it to last for as long as possible but I noticed there’s a screw in the top of it beside the pressure switch. I thought this might have been a trap to drain built up moisture or something.
thanks in advanced!
What makes you think you need to replace the filter dryer as long as the filter dryer wasn’t taken out of the system your ok to make your your system will last for a long time you need to check for oily residue around the connections if you take apart the connection always make sure you have the right combination wrench for the task and for sure a back up wrench for taking it apart and putting it back together and always coat the O ring with 134a refrigerant oil before you replace it. The best way to check for leaks is pressuring the system with air if you buy a cheap pair of ac gauges and access to air compressor you can pressure it up to about 150 psi of air then with a soapy solution of water or better yet snoop leak solution bottle this can only be purchased thru swagelok.com Manila anyway find all the leaks if any then with the same center hose on thr gauges attach to a vacuum pump and pump it down to 30 inches of vacuum then keep going another 30 minutes the gauges will only hook up one way on the high and low side

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
What makes you think you need to replace the filter dryer as long as the filter dryer wasn’t taken out of the system your ok to make your your system will last for a long time you need to check for oily residue around the connections if you take apart the connection always make sure you have the right combination wrench for the task and for sure a back up wrench for taking it apart and putting it back together and always coat the O ring with 134a refrigerant oil before you replace it. The best way to check for leaks is pressuring the system with air if you buy a cheap pair of ac gauges and access to air compressor you can pressure it up to about 150 psi of air then with a soapy solution of water or better yet snoop leak solution bottle this can only be purchased thru swagelok.com Manila anyway find all the leaks if any then with the same center hose on thr gauges attach to a vacuum pump and pump it down to 30 inches of vacuum then keep going another 30 minutes the gauges will only hook up one way on the high and low side
you just provided a perfect reason to replace the drier...pressurising by air. Perfect way to push contaminants around the system

The correct method is to vacuum the system down to remove all traces of moisture and other contaminants then fill with correct weight of gas.

·
Registered
1998 Chevy Tracker 4x4 16v/1.6l/5spd
51 Posts
As an HVAC tech yes, proper practice is replace whenever system is opened to atmosphere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts