Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the factory fitted aircon from a Jimny? What are the main problems in doing this?;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone removed the factory fitted aircon from a Jimny? What are the main problems in doing this?;)
I ripped out my Jimny Aircon in Prep for my 1.6L swap. I didn't really use it anyways, and there is a heap of wiring that goes with it. I didn't want the complications.
It fairly straight forward to pull it all out once you get into it. I believe it was a dealer installed accessory, so it is easy to separate the system from your other vehicle systems. It was a bit tough to pull out the aircon hard lines without bending them if I remember correctly. There is a SH*%T ton of wiring that you can get rid of.
However, I left in my A/C switch in its spot and kept it connected to the ECM. I figured it may be handy to force it into high idle once in a while. (charging batteries while camping for e.g..)

Dont forget to get the refrigerant taken out by a proper shop.....or you'll have to buy more expensive sunscreen!

Edit, this was in a '94 I imported from japan BTW

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ripped out my Jimny Aircon in Prep for my 1.6L swap. I didn't really use it anyways, and there is a heap of wiring that goes with it. I didn't want the complications.
It fairly straight forward to pull it all out once you get into it. I believe it was a dealer installed accessory, so it is easy to separate the system from your other vehicle systems. It was a bit tough to pull out the aircon hard lines without bending them if I remember correctly. There is a SH*%T ton of wiring that you can get rid of.
However, I left in my A/C switch in its spot and kept it connected to the ECM. I figured it may be handy to force it into high idle once in a while. (charging batteries while camping for e.g..)

Dont forget to get the refrigerant taken out by a proper shop.....or you'll have to buy more expensive sunscreen!

Edit, this was in a '94 I imported from japan BTW
That's interesting thanks though I must confess in this 30° heat I have actually been using it.:D:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's interesting thanks though I must confess in this 30° heat I have actually been using it.:D:D

True, Dat.

I just drive faster!!! Ive got the 1600 now!!!!
I hope its cooler there in the UK in Oct.!! Gonna come do the tough mudder!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, Dat.

I just drive faster!!! Ive got the 1600 now!!!!
I hope its cooler there in the UK in Oct.!! Gonna come do the tough mudder!!
There is just no predicting pal; the weather is all over the shop.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts