Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of wheels that are 15x7.5 the pattern is 5x5.5 but it says it has a -12 offset. I called the company and they said it would fit. If I haven't done any mods. And I haven't. It's all stock. And the tires ar 215 75 15 thanks for the info

·
Registered
35 Posts
Offset

I would say that you have a higher potential of issues with a negative offset wheel, as opposed to something with a zero or positive offset.

If I remember correctly, most front-wheel drive cars run with negative offsets, and most rear-wheel drive cars/trucks go with a zero or positive offset, or at worst, a small negative offset. With a negative offset, the backside of the wheel is going to be closer to the suspension, and with a positive offset, it's going to be pushed out away from the suspension (i.e. that deep dish look).

If you're buying these wheels online, or even from a store, you might run into a problem returning them if you mount tires on them and find out they don't work. I just did a check on TireRack for wheels for my '88 hardtop, and the wheels they list all have a zero or positive offset, no negative offsets.

My two cents' worth...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh no :( thanks for the info. Guess I could use spacers?
Most folks tend to stay away from spacers, better to get a wheel with the right offset. Another thing to remember is the center hub opening. At least on my '88, the center opening is fairly large. There are other factory wheels out there that have the same bolt pattern at 5x5.5, but not many have the large center opening that my '88 needs.

Guess the only way you're going to find out is to mount a tire on one wheel, and test fit it on one side, and turn the wheel lock to lock, to see if it rubs anything when turning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts